Busted hose under the engine?

GoldDot40

Brandon, I'd be glad to give it a look if you haven't got it figured out by now. I'll PM you my cell # if you'd like me to have a look. Won't cost you a dime.

Hunter Haven

I just had to replace my lower radiator hose on my '89 toyota. I was way back in the woods checking my cams and she decided to burst.... had the wife with me also and we had a very nice hot long walk back out...:bounce::bounce:

you need help holler..

Arrow3

Ok...I just looked up under it....The bulk of the water is running out of a hole in the bell housing of the transmission...I assume a freeze plug has went out and this hole is just there to keep the transmission from filling up with water?

contender*

Ok...I just looked up under it....The bulk of the water is running out of a hole in the bell housing of the transmission...I assume a freeze plug has went out and this hole is just there to keep the transmission from filling up with water?

That don't sound good.

Last edited:

Havana Dude

Intake manifold gasket is a good possibility. Not good on the wallet though. If it is the red antifreze, I bet it's intake related. Been there twice on 2 different chevys.

Arrow3

Intake manifold gasket is a good possibility. Not good on the wallet though. If it is the red antifreze, I bet it's intake related. Been there twice on 2 different chevys.

That may be a possibility too...

Arrow3

Thanks to each and every one of you that have offered advice and help.....Just one of the reasons that this is such a great place.

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm gonna cast my guess on intake at the rear of the engine, my '96 P/U did this and the stealership said it's pretty common for the Vortec 350

Arrow3

I'm gonna cast my guess on intake at the rear of the engine, my '96 P/U did this and the stealership said it's pretty common for the Vortec 350

It may very well be but my engine isn't the vortec....They started that in 96. Im hoping its just the freeze plug...I imagine that will be the cheapest thing to fix.

Arrow3

Well, are you mobile with no loss of liquids???

What was the fix??

No sir...:cry::cry: I may be in more trouble then originally thought....Bassquatch started tearing into it but stopped because of all the things needed to be done because its a 4x4....We still don't know exactly what the problem is....If its a freeze plug, im wondering whats gonna happen if I just replace the 2 in the back...Is one of the others gonna blow out in a week or so?? It still could be the intake gasket as well....Bassquatch put everything back together and im gonna do some calling around on Monday.

How come things like this happen when your involved in other major things?? (house buying) :rofl:

Hunter Haven

No sir...:cry::cry: I may be in more trouble then originally thought....Bassquatch started tearing into it but stopped because of all the things needed to be done because its a 4x4....We still don't know exactly what the problem is....If its a freeze plug, im wondering whats gonna happen if I just replace the 2 in the back...Is one of the others gonna blow out in a week or so?? It still could be the intake gasket as well....Bassquatch put everything back together and im gonna do some calling around on Monday.

How come things like this happen when your involved in other major things?? (house buying) :rofl:

When all seems well.... LOOK OUT!!!

You are finally making it to the real world bud. It will always be something going on... that is why we stress all the time that you have just got to plan and prepare for things to happen. That is all that anyone of us can do...

hope you get it going soon..

Same with me. seems like when it rain's it pours.

Havana Dude

Builds character man!! Think about it this way. Your wife could have been out in your truck, it over heated on the highway, she can't get a hold of ya, etc etc. Where you think grey hair comes from?

Arrow3

It was the freeze plug...I got my truck back tonight....I sure hope it doesn't mess up again anytime soon. ::;

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sweet! I'm glad it wasn't any worse.