Busy day today

pacecars

As some of you know my day started by arriving at the hospital at 5 am to have my gallbladder removed. Everything went well and I was back at home by noon with 4 small holes and no gallbladder. The drugs are wearing off and I am sore but in good shape. It is amazing what they can do in a day and send you home when it wasn’t that long ago that I would have had to stay 3 or 4 days at the least. It got better this afternoon when the mail lady brought me a package from Doc Barranti and another with the ROA from Gunbroker. I am a happy camper. Thank you for the well wishes and prayers

If it shoots half as good as it looks I will be very happy. I do believe that this was one of the best bargains I have found on Gunbroker

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
As some of you know my day started by arriving at the hospital at 5 am to have my gallbladder removed. Everything went well and I was back at home by noon with 4 small holes and no gallbladder. The drugs are wearing off and I am sore but in good shape. It is amazing what they can do in a day and send you home when it wasn’t that long ago that I would have had to stay 3 or 4 days at the least. It got better this afternoon when the mail lady brought me a package from Doc Barranti and another with the ROA from Gunbroker. I am a happy camper. Thank you for the well wishes and prayers

If it shoots half as good as it looks I will be very happy. I do believe that this was one of the best bargains I have found on Gunbroker
I realize what it is but who put it together and tell all please

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
That's a cool revolver, and congrats on losing the gallbladder!!!

Mines been gone for about 15 years.

Good riddance.... ?

pacecars

David Clements built this. He makes a larger 5 shot .50 caliber cylinder, a 6 1/2” octagon barrel with integral ramp, action job and modifies the rammer to accommodate either a round ball or cast bullet. It will shoot a .490 roundball seated over a .50 cal. Wonderwad with 50 grains by volume of Hodgdon’s Triple 7 FFFg at 1250 fps or a 250 gr. cast bullet with 45-48 grains by volume of Hodgdon’s Triple 7 FFFg at 1150 fps. He quit making them several years ago and he is also retiring now so no more from him. This has been a grail gun of mine since I first saw one.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
David Clements built this. He makes a larger 5 shot .50 caliber cylinder, a 6 1/2” octagon barrel with integral ramp, action job and modifies the rammer to accommodate either a round ball or cast bullet. It will shoot a .490 roundball seated over a .50 cal. Wonderwad with 50 grains by volume of Hodgdon’s Triple 7 FFFg at 1250 fps or a 250 gr. cast bullet with 45-48 grains by volume of Hodgdon’s Triple 7 FFFg at 1150 fps. He quit making them several years ago and he is also retiring now so no more from him. This has been a grail gun of mine since I first saw one.
I was blissfully unaware of them until you posted this, thanks buddy. Craving flung!

pacecars

I was blissfully unaware of them until you posted this, thanks buddy. Craving flung!
I did find a gunsmith that will build one for about $2800 on your gun

pacecars

Darkhorse

I didn't know about your surgery but I hope you get well soon. In and out of the hospital in one day? Wow! I can only wish.
I've just finished a round of tests on my spine. I will go back to my Dr. the 10th of May to hear the bad news. From what I've been told by some of the people giving these tests it doesn't look good. When I get the news I'll post a full report.

Now that's a pistol after my own heart. It just looks like it would fit my hand. And BP to boot. Couldn't ask for more.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
https://precisionengineeredrifles.c...-extreme-muzzleloaders/ruger-old-army-cowboy/

I have not personally seen their work but they seem to be the only one willing to do one. They also quoted a 14 month or longer wait. That price is a starting point on a blued gun. I don’t know how much an octagon barrel would add. The only other choice is to luck into finding a used one especially at a decent price
Thanks for showing your revolver it’s nice. Wouldn’t mind having one myself.

HughW2

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Pacecars!
I hope you get to shoot that nice revolver soon.

frankwright

Nice pictures and get well quick.
I think you have to be really careful of what you eat going forward!

Latest posts