Camper tires

Ok where do you guys order camper tires from. I have a new to me pop-up camper and want to put new tires on it. If I'm reading correctly, I need radial tires. 480-12 5 holes are apparently extinct. I ordered two that were supposedly in stock and got an email saying they would be delivered in February.

I put Contender brand tires on my TT from Discount Tire, and Carlisle brand from Walmart on a flatbed I have. Both brands are radials and specific to trailer applications. Both were in stock. February is long time to wait when camping weather is here now.
Thank you I'll look at those

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
my pop-up has bias tires, my boat trailer has bias tires, and my travel trailer has bias tires.

Why do you want radials on a trailer??? I can't think of a reason really

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Ok where do you guys order camper tires from. I have a new to me pop-up camper and want to put new tires on it. If I'm reading correctly, I need radial tires. 480-12 5 holes are apparently extinct. I ordered two that were supposedly in stock and got an email saying they would be delivered in February.

Can’t your local tire shop supply what you need?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Can’t your local tire shop supply what you need?

that is what I did. Called the local fellow I deal with and told him to order me 5 tires. When they came in, I had them mounted balanced and put on my trailer. I was good to go.

And while I waited the 2 days to get the tires in, I pulled the hubs, checked the brakes, cleaned, repacked and torqued the bearings back to spec.

WayneB

I use my usual tire folks if I'm in town, Discount tire if I am away.
Discount tire does free tire repair nationwide, it's a pretty generous marketing tool, IMHO. Pricing is pretty competitive too.
I run radial tires on ALL my trailers, 3 on my utility trailer, 5 for my TT, and 9 for my equipment trailer. Over time they tend to 'let go' of the flat spot faster, are more flexible in sidewall against scrubbing, and have higher speed ratings. I have also noticed they tend to run cooler near max load by a fair margin.