The fish are all dead part 4/What I learned from the first 3

slow motion

Still a bit until i get down again and I'm kinda bored. We've had some discussion about a dwindling resource. Some of it well thought out and quite serious. Unfortunately it's very seldom that I'm able to do such. So thought I'd throw out what I've learned from and about you good folks so far. While I realize my strange sense of humor is typically only funny to me it's meant in good fun. Please check your attitudes at the door.

#1 All the fish are gone or are about to be. It's so bad Kansas has given up and switched to crocheting.

Possible causes
a. All of the waterways in the Panhandle are polluted.
b. Trout were all caught by @1eyefishing and @talisman and @doomtrpr_z71 is trying to wipeout the sheephead.
c. Beer poisoning brought about by @notnksnemor. Apparently he is unable to hold a can in the proper position to avoid spillage. I will now share a piece of genius. Feel free to implement but when this takes off I will need compensation for my intellectual property in the form of a paltry few hundred acres of prime hunting land.Screenshot_20240307-064458_Google.jpg
d. Hurricanes. No doubt brought on by a government led conspiracy to keep recreational fishermen from feeding themselves thereby making them reliant on government.
e. @buckpasser has postulated airboaters caught all the fish.
f. Bank fishermen caught all the grouper stocks. This was where doom showed off the fact he indeed earned that Phd.
g. China's fault.
h. Covid.
I. No conclusive proof but it's possible @menhadenman fried all fish. At least he did the ones in the pic.
There is hope however. @Gator89 has conducted a few surveys though they have been inconclusive thus far. @twtabb is applying for a research grant to do an intensive study. @ryanh487 says trout are too slow compared to puffers. Perhaps an exercise program can be instituted for trout? Or maybe cross trout with a speedier fish. Tuna perhaps? So good things are underway even as you read this. There are also causes for concern as @Browning Slayer and @Nicodemus both plan to implement a "Scorched Earth" policy meant to eradicate any stragglers left by the aforementioned airboaters.
#2 @Jim Baker and @campboy have broken the terrible news that ALL the deer in Ga are gone. Quite possibly brought about by @JB0704 and the massacre at Don Carter.
#3 @KLBTJTALLY1 has graciously informed us Bama is overrun with big bucks.
#4 While sculpting isn't a new art form @MudDucker has apparently added a new twist. He's doing it with a boat prop. Currently on display near Ecofina.
#5 @jdgator has a "thing" for auction girls.
#6 A 15" trout is a 2+ year old female or a 3+ year old male. There is some support for including 12" fish in the slot size as in the past. Now here is where I believe the next issue will begin. Some fishermen will advocate for the larger (more mature) trout. This will lead to the creation of the Quality Trout Management Association. Pretty soon you will hear folks claiming to strictly adhere to QTMA standards. Then there will be so called  cull trout, possibly those with only a single canine tooth. 1eye has already reported an incident of cooler shaming. Imagine what the future could hold. It boggles the mind.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Silly people think limb lining is just for catfish.
It's a proven grouper technique too.
One correction to your hypothesis:
Beer spillage was the direct result of extreme speed not can position.

My can handling abilities are epic.

slow motion

Silly people think limb lining is just for catfish.
It's a proven grouper technique too.
One correction to your hypothesis:
Beer spillage was the direct result of extreme speed not can position.

My can handling abilities are epic.
I actually tried to find the name of the effect where flow above an opening creates a vacuum and draws things from the opening, in this case a beer can. No luck. Therefore it was within the parameters of the study, and approved by NOAA, to attribute to can positioning. Perhaps more experimentation is required.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I actually tried to find the name of the effect where flow above an opening creates a vacuum and draws things from the opening, in this case a beer can. No luck. Therefore it was within the parameters of the study, and approved by NOAA, to attribute to can positioning. Perhaps more experimentation is required.
Bernoulli's Principle of the Venturi Effect.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I was taught long ago, if you want to sound smart, just add -us after every word.

Example: Tweety Bird becomes Tweetus Birdus.

Impressive, huh?

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.

Bernoulli's principle, which states that an increase in fluid velocity results in a decrease in static pressure.
So the high velocity air flowing across the opening of a can creates a vacuum on the dead space in the can thereby sucking the life out of a beer drinker at high speed.
Sheez...

slow motion

Bernoulli's principle, which states that an increase in fluid velocity results in a decrease in static pressure.
So the high velocity air flowing across the opening of a can creates a vacuum on the dead space in the can thereby sucking the life out of a beer drinker at high speed.
Sheez...
Everybody showing off their education today. I'll just say good thing he didn't have his mouth open. Kansas might have imploded.

slow motion