Can anyone explain this law?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I get the poaching aspect but my point is it is not hard to prove if a deer has been shot with a bullet or broadhead. Its like typical gun laws the law abiding citizens are the ones that follow the law and are punished the poachers are going to do it anyways.
Well, then lobby to change the law. I don't have a problem with it. I have a concealed carry permit. I didn't get it to protect me from rabid coons in the woods, I can stomp them. I got it to protect myself from two-legged predators in an urban environment. Nothing in the woods scares me. Things in town do.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I get the poaching aspect but my point is it is not hard to prove if a deer has been shot with a bullet or broadhead. Its like typical gun laws the law abiding citizens are the ones that follow the law and are punished the poachers are going to do it anyways.
That’s right. So they allow concealed carry because that’s the law. Like throw said no one at one time.
Now if a law breaker has a pistol and a warden comes across it. He does not have to prove poaching.
He just broke the no pistol law.
It’s to try and protect your native resources.
Why have a dead deer with a hole. Just forbid pistol carry during the season

PappyHoel

because somewhere, some time in the past someone said "there ought to be a law"

This is the answer whether you realize it or not :)

red neck richie

That’s right. So they allow concealed carry because that’s the law. Like throw said no one at one time.
Now if a law breaker has a pistol and a warden comes across it. He does not have to prove poaching.
He just broke the no pistol law.
It’s to try and protect your native resources.
Why have a dead deer with a hole. Just forbid pistol carry during the season
I'm sorry but my safety and security comes before a deer. Like I said poachers gonna poach regardless of the law. My gun is like a condom.

red neck richie

Well, then lobby to change the law. I don't have a problem with it. I have a concealed carry permit. I didn't get it to protect me from rabid coons in the woods, I can stomp them. I got it to protect myself from two-legged predators in an urban environment. Nothing in the woods scares me. Things in town do.
I agree. this is why I posted this to see if I was way out of line or others feel the same. Laws can be changed with votes.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I'm sorry but my safety and security comes before a deer. Like I said poachers gonna poach regardless of the law. My gun is like a condom.
And your condom is concealed I hope.
Well sence your a law abiding citizen and u get your permit as required by law. I fail to see the problem.
U have to have a lic. To hunt deer
Pay I guess. It’s only money.

red neck richie

Well sence your a law abiding citizen and u get your permit as required by law. I fail to see the problem.
the problem is $75 for something I should be able to do for free on private property. Your right give me $75 for intruding on my 2nd amendment rights.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
the problem is $75 for something I should be able to do for free on private property. Your right give me $75 for intruding on my 2nd amendment rights.
U said u feared for your life ?
Coy dogs taking your kill. ?
Now it’s your right on your land.
I agree about that.
How much land do u own ?

red neck richie

Tired of paying extra for my 2nd amendment right.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
That permit has other benefits... For example, If I want to go buy a gun, I just walk in show my ID, mark a few boxes put my name and address on a piece of paper and walk out the door with my new purchase. No phone call and wait business.

red neck richie

U said u feared for your life ?
Coy dogs taking your kill. ?
Now it’s your right on your land.
I agree about that.
How much land do u own ?
Never said I feared for my life. I said I have the right to defend it be man or beast or bow season.