Carpenter Bees

Toliver

That means I get to try my new carpenter bee trap a month earlier. It's a little wooden church (built like a little bird house) with a jar attached to the bottom and 4 nice bee enticing holes all ready for them to come to Sunday sevice.Screenshot_20240316_162552_Chrome.jpg

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Mine made from scrap wood work but they're not enough. I catch dozens and dozens but they still do a lot of damage and I'm going to have to replace the top of my well house eventually because of them.

SarahFair

I've noticed them too
Washed the jars from my traps yesterday

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Hung 8 traps the other day. Sprayed all the open lumber with insecticide too. Hate them.

ucfireman

saw something that says put brown bags out. Make it look like a hornets nest.
Supposedly hornets are predators to carpenter bees?
Anyone try?

Toliver

saw something that says put brown bags out. Make it look like a hornets nest.
Supposedly hornets are predators to carpenter bees?
Anyone try?
It seems to be a thing to put out the fake nests. You can buy realistic looking hornet nests on Amazon. Give it a try and let us know how it works.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Tennis or badminton racket is the most effective.

DannyW

Never owned or shot a salt rifle. Would it be more effective with sand? Or is it not powerful enough?

Hillbilly stalker

It seems to be a thing to put out the fake nests. You can buy realistic looking hornet nests on Amazon. Give it a try and let us know how it works.
Those help with wasp nests, don’t know about carpenter bees. We use them at work. We have one corner of a building that we have to use a shop vac in the lights to get them yet, hundreds a week. Fake hornets nest have helped a lot.