Catawba worms

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Got trees that don't produce worms. Anyone know where I can buy some live worms near North Georgia?
Mine didn't have any this year, but had 2 batches last year. I gave a few trees to a buddy down the street, I'll check if he has any. If he does, I'm sure he'll let you have some if you can't find any closer.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Mine have not had any either. See lots of trees this year. Nothing yet.

ryork

Dozens of trees at my grandparent's home place in South Carroll County, haven't seen a worm on them in a couple decades or so now. Have some fond memories of when I was young whacking those trees with a long bamboo pole and collecting those things before a trip to the pond or the river.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
we had some in the early spring, but none right now.

I have a poison oak vine running up my tree now, and I am gonna have to kill that junk

BriarPatch99

I have had only two very small hatchings this year ... normally have worms eat up all my trees and crawl off ....
Must be "one" of those years ...

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I have seven trees I`ve planted around my place, a couple complements of Briar Patch. Even got some worms from him to stock my trees one year. I finally started having some decent crops until the field that runs up to my pasture fence got turned into a pecan orchard a couple of years ago. All the spraying that goes on now wiped em out here. Honeybees too.

hawkeye123

Got 5-6 big ones around catfish pond at fil farm.
Nothing last 2 yrs. Transplanted 2 here still kinda smallish . Buddy in Senioa always has plenty on his 3 trees nothing this year..no honey bees or c worms..too much spraying of pesticides

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
There`s catawber trees all up and down the lower Flint River, Kinchafoonee, and Muckalee Creeks and way back when most of these trees would all have worms. It`s been in the last 15 years or so that they quit bearing worms.