CCI Quiet .22LR

Twinkie .308

CCI suppressor ammo if you want to cycle a semi auto consistently. Runs flawlessly through my 10/22 without a suppressor and accuracy is not an issue. I have had a few malfunctions using bx 25 round mags but never had a problem with the 10 rounders.

Buckhead

Probably best alternative to not having a suppressor. The Quiets are more accurate than CBs in my experience. The segmented Quiets do a number on a skwerl at close range. Not to be confused with Eley or Lapua though. 25 yards is about max in my experience.
Got a Surefire Ryder suppressor about a year ago. Wish I had bought one years ago. Worth the cost and hassle.

frankwright

After years of shooting the regular Colibri ammo that fires only with the primer I borrowed a handful of CCI Quiet from a friend!
No way I can shoot that in my yard. It is not much quieter than a regular .22 to me.
The Colibri is quieter than some pellet guns and will kill a rodent at close range. I have eliminated a good many rodents that were tearing up my bird feeders or trying to get in the attic.
It will not cycle a semi but had no problem manually cycling my Winchester 190 with it. I recently bought a Mossberg bolt action .22 and it shoots it well too.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2506163096

biker13

CCI has a 45 grain quite that will cycle a semi auto

Jester896

Senior Clown
a good bit of match ammo is sub sonic and some of the pistol match is under 1K fps and it is usually pretty accurate

Gbr5pb

Maybe need to try that! Tree rats carry off tomatoes eat bird feeder hummingbird feeder and dig up flowers! Got grandpa’s browning lever action and 22 shorts but they not as accurate as long rifle.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I used to shoot a lot of those CCI CB Longs. Decent killing power and accuracy with a quiet report. My uncle called them "posted land shells." :)

Jester896

Senior Clown
I shoot SK Standard Plus in my little Anschutz and had someone ask me if it was integrally suppressed...not sure why...there is a report...like an air rifle :D j/k

Baroque Brass

Of late, I’ve been using Federal Match at 1080fps in my Tikka T1x. Even with the short barrel on the Tikka, the shots are not that loud and accuracy has been perfect.

Jester896

Senior Clown
The Eley I used Saturday was running 1066 and it was pretty quite in my CZ. The Remington and Wolf Match was a little louder.

GunnSmokeer

A few weeks ago I shot CCI Quiet at 100 yards. It hit some 12" lower than standard velocity ammo.
The groups were larger, too.
But no, I didn't see obvious vertical stringing indicating the powder charges were inconsistent.

I think I'll use CCI Quiets for backyard / basement target practice or pest control (w/ suitable backstop or plan to stop the bullet), out to 30 yards, maximum.

drumbum77

Banned
Squirrels are rodents and have always been varmints, in my opinion. They are so over populated it should be open season year round. They can do serious damage if the get into an attic.

Agreed, they absolutely destroyed my father-in-laws house! We tried EVERYTHING! Finally we decided to bait and trap them. .22 quite does the job at very close range.