Chittlins'

oldfella1962

Never had them. My grandfather used to eat pickled pig's feet though - but I never had those either.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Never had them. My grandfather used to eat pickled pig's feet though - but I never had those either.

Pickled pig foots are good.

They sell pig lips at Piggly Wiggly in Donaldsonville if ya`ll want some. I don`t.

pig lips.jpg

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Granny always kept a sharp hatchet by a stump in the backyard.
If she saw a softshell turtle on the side of the road, she would put it in the trunk of her car.
If she came home and pulled up by that stump, I knew the drill.
She would set the turtle on the stump, I would hold a stick in front of it.
When it bit the stick, I would stretch its neck out and the hatchet would fall.
She would separate the shell with it and the meat would go in cold water still twitching.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I REALLY love natural casing hot dogs and sausages. That's the only way i've ever had hog intestine. I don't care ta have it any other way. But who knows. Maybe right place right time one day I'll try.

madsam

boiled and hot sauce and corn bread and anything else that can
kill the taste.......Never was hungry enough to develop a taste for 'em.

furtaker

When pigs have loins, tenderloins, hams, shoulders, and ribs, I see no reason to resort to eating intestines, ears, tails, stomachs, and feet.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
When pigs have loins, tenderloins, hams, shoulders, and ribs, I see no reason to resort to eating intestines, ears, tails, stomachs, and feet.
You eat hot dogs?

I’ll eat them fried but prefer boiled. Boiled and covered in Texas Pete with a big pot of collards and corn bread. We usually put a butt on the grill for the majority that don’t eat them. I wouldn’t eat them to regular but a couple times a year I’ll get a craving and tear them up. We usually cook 5lb per chittlin eater.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I have eaten them all my life. I prefer fried crispy with Louisiana Hot Sauce. But I'll eat them any way offered.

Redbow

I like them fried or boiled, doesn't matter which one with me.

ryork

My grandfather raised hogs for Gold Kist back in the day. I can remember tubs of them on hog killing day. He had a term for the cleaning process that I’m not sure I remember exactly, something about “slangin” before washing. I can remember distinctly the smell when my grandmother would cook them. They loved’em. I wouldn’t touch it with a 10 ft pole then, but have had them fried a couple times in my adult life. Not bad, but not going out of my way for them by any means. There was a catfish restaurant in Carrollton back in the day that would have chitlin night one day or month or something that. A cousin of mine used to manage the place and told me they would go through several hundreds of pounds of those things a night.