Cicada bass !

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
My daughter and her boyfriend took his little brother fishing today . He caught about 50 cicadas at my dads for bait . They said the bass absolutely destroyed the cicadas . The pond is overpopulated and we’ve been trying to keep pretty much everything. They kept about 20 but let this ol girl swim back .
I really wanted to share for @Ruger#3 and @Batjack because he was using the little ultra light that Caleb won in the kids giveaway last year . U can see it on the ground beside him . My daughter videoed the whole thing and that little rod was singing . He was using nothing but a cicada and a crappie hook . IMG_5419.jpegIMG_5386.jpeg

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
My daughter and her boyfriend took his little brother fishing today . He caught about 50 cicadas at my dads for bait . They said the bass absolutely destroyed the cicadas . The pond is overpopulated and we’ve been trying to keep pretty much everything. They kept about 20 but let this ol girl swim back .
I really wanted to share for @Ruger#3 and @Batjack because he was using the little ultra light that Caleb won in the kids giveaway last year . U can see it on the ground beside him . My daughter videoed the whole thing and that little rod was singing . He was using nothing but a cicada and a crappie hook . View attachment 1305400View attachment 1305401
Good golly, look at that bass. Man that’s just awesome!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
They had a cooler full of these . They aren’t bad eating but I’m used to crappie and that’s about all I want . View attachment 1305402
Perfect! Yeah, you want to leave those bigger ones and get those little "wolf pack" bass out and fill your (and everyone else's) freezer with them... they make just as good of tacos as spotted bass do.

ryork

That's a big ole LM!! He won't forget that for a while. We're still trying to cull small bass out of little lake too. Haven't seen the first cicada here. We spent the weekend in TN for our daughter's graduation and they were everywhere up there (Nashville area).

LTZ25

Those bugs were falling out of the trees into the lake and my catfish would ease up under them and grab them from beneath , bass also got their fill of them . If I was bass fishing Sinclair I'd be tossing a popper around wooed shoreline , it's amazing how much those things look like frogs on. top .

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Man! I bet it was a ball watching that little guy reel in that hawg.
The rod was from last year and was a microlite rig. I bet that drag was singing!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
They need to send the video to the folks that made that rig... be a good commercial.
Yep, guys hold them fish a grown man’s arms length towards the camera. That boy is hugging that fish and it looks big. It would be an endorsement for sure.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! Good grief! What a toad! Good stuff just keeps getting better! :clap:
Cicadas huh?

WaltL1

I love pics like these. A kid, a crappie hook and a cicada for bait and lands a monster. Fishin' at its finest!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, what a bass! It's about as big as he is!