Cold weather socks

Sounds silly, but I found a pair of knee-high, synthetic blend socks, and they really help my feet stay warm. I think they help w circulation. On really cold days, I add boot blankets.

Dub

I know they no longer have a life time warranty but the BassPro socks are very warm.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry....can't help but laugh at the "lifetime warranty" on a pair of socks. They probably drummed up a pile of business with folks grinning over that one. (y)(y)

ldavid008

A pair of good socks with a poly liner and roomy boots work great. Many a time when I take them off after a hunt the outer sock will be wet with sweat, but when I get the liner sock off my foot would be dry.

Another thing that works is to put your boots on a set of boot dryers. There is usually moisture inside your boot when you don't even realize it. The boot dryers will ensure that you don't start out the day with your boots already holding moisture.

My dad and daughter swear by toastie toes. Not sure what the brand name is, but it's basically hand warmers made to handle the low oxygen found in boots. I wore them once in some really cold weather and it felt as if my toes were on fire. They're too hot for me, but maybe you'll be like them.

Failing all else you can swap socks and wrap your feet in a blanket or sleeping bag.

Gbr5pb

A pair of good socks with a poly liner and roomy boots work great. Many a time when I take them off after a hunt the outer sock will be wet with sweat, but when I get the liner sock off my foot would be dry.

Another thing that works is to put your boots on a set of boot dryers. There is usually moisture inside your boot when you don't even realize it. The boot dryers will ensure that you don't start out the day with your boots already holding moisture.

My dad and daughter swear by toastie toes. Not sure what the brand name is, but it's basically hand warmers made to handle the low oxygen found in boots. I wore them once in some really cold weather and it felt as if my toes were on fire. They're too hot for me, but maybe you'll be like them.

Failing all else you can swap socks and wrap your feet in a blanket or sleeping bag.
Got scars on my legs from trying them my one and only time thought I was on fire before got them toastie toes out

cowhornedspike

Got scars on my legs from trying them my one and only time thought I was on fire before got them toastie toes out

They are not meant to go onto your skin...If put on the outside of thick socks I see no way they could burn you. I can usually barely feel the heat from them but just don't get cold feet.

Gbr5pb

They are not meant to go onto your skin...If put on the outside of thick socks I see no way they could burn you. I can usually barely feel the heat from them but just don't get cold feet.
Outside of socks! Them darn things were much hotter than any hand warmer I have ever used! May have been defective don’t know never tried them again

huntfish

You might be over dressing. Dress knowing that and then slow down to minimize the sweating. When you get closer to the stand, then get dressed for sit.

charlie81

Sounds cheesy but I got some electric headed socks for Christmas one year and they work great. The socks are fairly thin but they hear around around the toes and ankles. Not sure how much they cost but they’ve lasted over 2 years hunting and fishing with them.