Commercial grade zero turn mowers

My dad has a Spartan commercial. Had the suspension seat and no flat type flex tires. That thing is awesome. Rides like a cady Best zero turn I have been on. I have operated exmark Dixie chopper and snapper. That spartan blows them all away. It is very fast, faster than I think you could even mow with. Im like a kid ever time I go over want to jump on it and mow. I know it’s not the two you was asking for. If I was buying a new mower that’s what I would buy myself

MOTS

I was in your position this time last year. I bought a Gravely 60" mainly because there is a dealer within 10 miles. I researched and mulled about it for a few weeks. For what it's worth, I found that Bad Boy delivers the best bang for the buck. It is no Scag by no means, but has excellent reviews.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
From 40 years of experience from someone who is over the grounds department at a university: Toro Z-Master. We've tried them all.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
My yard is 1.3 acres, pecan trees and a few fruit trees plus the house to mow around. Had a good many winter weeds up, hasn’t been cut since last year. 32 minutes to cut it, with a novice driver. It cuts great, top speed is a little slower than the exmark was. I do like the suspension seat and the suspension on the frame. Tire tread is more aggressive than the exmark was, have to be careful if you have a manicured yard, which I do not. I think it’s going to be a good mower.
Thanks for the suggestions.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
My yard is 1.3 acres, pecan trees and a few fruit trees plus the house to mow around. Had a good many winter weeds up, hasn’t been cut since last year. 32 minutes to cut it, with a novice driver. It cuts great, top speed is a little slower than the exmark was. I do like the suspension seat and the suspension on the frame. Tire tread is more aggressive than the exmark was, have to be careful if you have a manicured yard, which I do not. I think it’s going to be a good mower.
I noticed the tires on my new mower are more aggressive too.

Duff

Yeah, you have to be mindful of sharp turns in the same location, time after time. I'm sure you probably do with any zero turn.
I like the set up and how everything is easy to get to.

sleepr71

Nice mower. I’ve grown to love Diesel powered mowers. They seem to have more torque,run cooler,and be more fuel efficient. My Dad has a JD,and a Kubota..with the mowing deck mounted out front. Both are 4wd & are built like tanks. Roof overhead,10 ga decks & blades that are HEAVY duty. No telling what a new one would cost..but they are Cadillacs,compared to an Exmark,Scag,etc. True, Commercial grade..10K hour mowers ;)

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
View attachment 1212362
I bought this one May 2019. Better Cut and ride than any Exmark I ever owned. Can’t wait for the grass to get to growing again this year
I’ve been eyeing one myself. I’ve had a Husqvarna since 08. I’m possibly looking at engine replacement since I’ve rebuilt everything else. I have a pretty good parts offer on it so I might let it go.

But for yours, I know you’ve loved it so far but is there anything on it you’d change that might come with another model of JD?

I’m trying to skimp by on my back up Toro but it’s worn out as well.

DAWG1419

I’ve been eyeing one myself. I’ve had a Husqvarna since 08. I’m possibly looking at engine replacement since I’ve rebuilt everything else. I have a pretty good parts offer on it so I might let it go.

But for yours, I know you’ve loved it so far but is there anything on it you’d change that might come with another model of JD?

I’m trying to skimp by on my back up Toro but it’s worn out as well.
I wouldn’t add anything. It cuts as good as my walker mower and that’s saying a lot

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Robert28

Walkers are great mowers.
Friend of mine owns a huge landscape business and he started out with a used Walker in his fleet. His only complaint about then is they’re expensive. He could buy two Exmarks for one Walker and his big thing is productivity, running two mowers instead of one means more money.