If you’re in the market for a zero turn, give a serious look to the Exmark Radius

mossyoakpro

They have the bomb for mowers. I was there a couple weeks ago to.
Got a 6’ rotory mower.

I've been pleased with mine so far....only issue I have had was the PTO switch went out on it. Fortunately there was some sort of recall on it when I went to have it repaired.

Havana Dude

You get it from north side mowers.
No, bought it from a friend, who took meticulous care of his stuff. I’ve had it since 04. He washed it like a car after every use, and......no kidding, waxed it 2 times a year. The deck literally had 2 scratches on it. I told him when I got it that sadly, it had seen it’s last waxing. I take fairly good care of it as far as a mower goes, but not to his standards. It’s had a few issues, but nothing worth trashing it for.

Robert28

This mower is 5,500 here’s the stats.
Little bigger motor. View attachment 1081515
I wanna say they run the Kholer 7000 on the E series. Think Exmark sticks their name on it but it’s a Kholer 7000. Has the 2800 hydros on it and no suspension seat. The S and X get the Kawasaki FX and suspension seat. Think they both have 3100 hydros too. Much larger tires in the back and wider in the front.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I wanna say they run the Kholer 7000 on the E series. Think Exmark sticks their name on it but it’s a Kholer 7000. Has the 2800 hydros on it and no suspension seat. The S and X get the Kawasaki FX and suspension seat. Think they both have 3100 hydros too. Much larger tires in the back and wider in the front.
Seat makes the difference for sure.
You know these mowers pretty good.
If I wanted one do I ask for Robert.

Robert28

You seem to know a lot about them. u must know someone that works there.
Well I honestly know more about the Lazer Z’s because that’s what a friend of mine runs in his mowing business. I learned all this today from the dealer who was really good. I was debating between the Lazer Z “e” and this one but he didn’t think I needed to spend the extra $2500. How many salesman you know would tell you you didn’t need to spend an extra $2500?? Thats when I knew he was honest.?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Zero turns and tractors I nerd out about. Guns too. I know too much about useless information ?
Me too. The one you pictured looked like it was from South Carolina! A dealer in sumter area.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I have a friend that uses the eXmark in his lawn business. North fla area. They make him money.

TomC

Just couldn't stomach the cost of a zero turn so last week picked up a Landpride Finish Mower to pull behind the Kubota for 1/3 the cost. Does a mighty fine job and a nicely manicured cut but I'm jealous of those zippin around on zero turns!

Robert28

Just couldn't stomach the cost of a zero turn so last week picked up a Landpride Finish Mower to pull behind the Kubota for 1/3 the cost. Does a mighty fine job and a nicely manicured cut but I'm jealous of those zippin around on zero turns!
If/when I ever build a new house I will never have trees or azaleas in my yard. I just want wide open grass. That’ll give me an excuse to buy a new finish mower to go behind my tractor lol

TomC

If/when I ever build a new house I will never have trees or azaleas in my yard. I just want wide open grass. That’ll give me an excuse to buy a new finish mower to go behind my tractor lol

Slower than the zero turn no doubt but I can back that finish mower down the slope by the pond right to the edge of the water and and it maneuvers and backs nicely in and around obstacles and trees. Mighty fine looking cut aslo. There's your excuse to go buy one!!

Flail mowers look awesome too but they are more $ and like everything else right now very hard to find. Takes about 4 hours to do my 5 acre front and back yard as it's only a 60" finish mower. Probably cut that time in half with a zero turn but I'm quite fond of "tractor time".

mossyoakpro

Slower than the zero turn no doubt but I can back that finish mower down the slope by the pond right to the edge of the water and and it maneuvers and backs nicely in and around obstacles and trees. Mighty fine looking cut aslo. There's your excuse to go buy one!!

Flail mowers look awesome too but they are more $ and like everything else right now very hard to find. Takes about 4 hours to do my 5 acre front and back yard as it's only a 60" finish mower. Probably cut that time in half with a zero turn but I'm quite fond of "tractor time".

"Tractor time" is quite therapeutic....

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy

I bet a good 61 inch Skag Turf Tiger would have that down to an hour and change. Those 35HP Vanguard engines are some kinda work horse

TomC

Hour and change not likely. Not to make it look like I like it. Slopes, cut perfectly to the water line around pond, neatly around trees. Some tricky areas where a belly mower just couldn't get to. I live on a farm but spent WAY too many years in nice HOA neighborhoods........still got a bit of that @Sinclair in me :). Will probably get a zero turn someday but got to say the Landpride finish mower does a fine job.

And yes, tractor time is BETTER than any therapist.

Last edited:

nmurph

Hustler Super Mini-Z owner (I also have a Huslter Mini-Fastrack). I've been well pleased with both. The SMZ is a 27hp on 52" deck. It can wade into some serious grass and keep chugging. 16mph according to my GPS and my son's JUGS radar gun even though the factory spec was 14mph. I prefer separate wheel motors and pumps to the all-in-one, even though Hydrogear sells them as commercial.

mossyoakpro

UPDATE....picking up my new Kubota Z726X in the morning!! I could not stand it after sitting in that cushy seat a couple of times. :)