If you’re in the market for a zero turn, give a serious look to the Exmark Radius

Robert28

I usually get a new zero turn every 5 or so years and they’ve always been John Deere’s. They always had the best overall value for what you got in my opinion. I think other manufacturers saw this and decided to do something about it. My friend runs a rather large mowing business and uses nothing but Exmark. I always vowed them as the expensive mower, in other words you gotta drop $10 grand whereas Deere I could get a solid commercial zero turn for $7000-7500. Well, I decided to go look at Exmark today and wow they’ve really decided to play ball and steal some of Deere’s shine away when it comes to value in an entry level commercial mower! Sure they still have the $10,000 mowers, and I looked at them. But they now have the Radius line which is their entry level commercial mowers targeted at exactly at customers like me. For $7599 you get a commercial 52” deck (60” was $8099 I think), air ride suspension seat, Kawasaki fx engine, hydro gear 3100 hydros (wish it had 3400 but it still has a 9mph top speed whereas my older mowers only went 10 anyways), just an overall solid mower. Felt more solid than my old Deere to be honest. Only place where they’ve cheaped out that I can see is no gas gauge (you get this stupid sight thing), cup holder is prettt small and useless and no tray for storage. And the deck is an UltraCut 3 which is the deck they used on their Lazer Z’s BAF285D0-DD5E-4D14-8672-0D040698E628.jpegback in the early to mid 2000’s. Basically they’re taking technology from their older commercial mowers and passing on the cheaper cost which is fine by me. Those old decks will cut grass, I’ve seen what they can do!

Robert28

They are nice. Snapper pro is worth a look too. They straight up Ferris with snapper paint.
I wanted to look at those but the dealers that carry them were both out and Weren’t sure when they’d get some in. Even the Exmark dealer told me today the area rep has been taking mowers from dealers to ship to other dealers. The model I bought, he had two left and the rep was coming to get them to send to a dealer that needed them. It was understood that he could sell them first though if they sold before he came back by and I got one and the other was getting ready to be sent somewhere else.

Robert28

That's one fine lookin mower!
But it's GON be hard for me not to buy another Hustler when mine bites the dust.
Hustler has always been one I’ve liked but the 3 dealers near me that carry them, they don’t stock them as much as they do other mowers. It’s like they have a few and then tons of another brand. I really wanted to see an X-One up close.

BriarPatch99

I just bought a Gravley ZT XL with 52" and Kawasaki engine not commercial but upper residential grade .... been pleased so far ....came from a JD X340 tractor ...

I did look at Excel ....nice mowers ...

Robert28

I just bought a Gravley ZT XL with 52" and Kawasaki engine not commercial but upper residential grade .... been pleased so far ....came from a JD X340 tractor ...

I did look at Excel ....nice mowers ...
I actually stopped to look at a Gravely pro turn 152 the other day. Got to see the new Mach 1 up close too. That thing is a beast! Only thing that kept me from the Gravely was the dealer. It was a used car dealership that had taken on to selling Mahindra tractors and Gravely and Ariens zero turns on the past year. He’s been selling the fool out of them though from what he told me, and I believe it because he had a huge selection. More than most full time mower shops around here had in stock.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I actually stopped to look at a Gravely pro turn 152 the other day. Got to see the new Mach 1 up close too. That thing is a beast! Only thing that kept me from the Gravely was the dealer. It was a used car dealership that had taken on to selling Mahindra tractors and Gravely and Ariens zero turns on the past year. He’s been selling the fool out of them though from what he told me, and I believe it because he had a huge selection. More than most full time mower shops around here had in stock.
That sounds like my kind of place. I just got a mahindra also.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
That eXmark don’t look like a commercial grade. Just looks like the front end should be heavier.
What size motor does it have !

Robert28

That sounds like my kind of place. I just got a mahindra also.
Would you believe he didn’t have a single tractor in stock? Had every implement you could want though. He said Mahindra is only taking special orders right now, they aren’t shipping anything unless a customer walks on to a dealers lot and says “hey I want this”. He will get it in a few weeks then.

Robert28

That eXmark don’t look like a commercial grade. Just looks like the front end should be heavier.
What size motor does it have !
Kawasaki FX 691v. 22hp. Same engine you get on the 48” and 52” Lazer Z e series. I looked up the weight on the spec sheet and it weighs right at 1000 lbs. my Deere was 1200 I think.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I sat on a new Kubota Z724 the other day while picking mine up from service....bad mistake, that air ride seat is legit!! Now I'm coveting a new Kubota even though mine only has 125 hours on it...I'm hoping the wife can't tell the difference should I decide to trade!! LOL
They have the bomb for mowers. I was there a couple weeks ago to.
Got a 6’ rotory mower.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’ll stick with my 1999 scag. Tough as nails. And as my luck goes, next time I go to use it, it’ll show its tail. Happens every time. When it ever gives it up, I’ll likely stay with scag.
You get it from north side mowers.