Compare surgery cost.

hopper

I don't have insurance and self pay for medical expenses. I have a acl surgery needed for my daughter coming up and was wondering is there a way to "get estimates " from others. Do I just call other orthopaedics and let em know what my my estimate was and wanted to get an estimate from them? Never really had to negotiate on medical expenses before so don't know the most tactful way.

pjciii

Maybe you can find what your looking for in one of these. I don't think that covers DR fees

hopper

Maybe you can find what your looking for in one of these. I don't think that covers DR fees
Thank You!

DannyW

I don't have insurance and self pay for medical expenses. I have a acl surgery needed for my daughter coming up and was wondering is there a way to "get estimates " from others. Do I just call other orthopaedics and let em know what my my estimate was and wanted to get an estimate from them? Never really had to negotiate on medical expenses before so don't know the most tactful way.
I just became uninsured, and am now considered as self pay. Don't know the rates for an operation such as yours, but I do know rates for a general GP (General Practitioner) and for a cardiologist visit are different from normal insurance claims. I watched both checkout people consulted different charts, one was posted on the wall. The GP self pay rate was $104 and the cardiologist was $160.

Not sure how that equates to a surgery, but I think it's how much they would have received if filed under insurance.

Latest posts