Confederate statues and memorials survey

DSGB

I received this in an email from a professor at a college I am affiliated with. If you don’t mind, please complete the survey at the link provided.

We’re running a survey, and 10-18 minutes of your time is needed and would be greatly appreciated. We are studying the controversy over Confederate statues and memorials on public (government) property in the South, but we need participants from all parts of the country and people from all religions, political stripes, and ages, too. We’re in particular need of conservative Republicans and African Americans, but we need everyone.

The most difficult part of research is getting enough people to take a survey—enough respondents to enable our findings to be statistically significant.

What we would appreciate is your sending this survey link and info out to your relatives and friends. If you send it out to just three friends each, it quadruples the number of participants! Survey participation is completely voluntary and anonymous. We would especially like to hear your comments! Answer the questions as best you can. If you have an issue with a question, answer it and then write a comment.

Here is the link. Click it directly or copy and paste into the URL line of your Internet browser:

https://iu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1NeruP0AB6NKvau

The survey will be available through March 10.

turkeykirk

Done

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Copied a link from this thread in the WBTS thread.

Big7

The Oracle
Done.

And.. For the fill in the blank comment sections I put:
"Shut down the race pimps" Seriously

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Done

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Done but they are not gonna like my answers. I gave them an ear full about removing confederate memorials and allowing statues of thugs like george floyd.
Yes but from the wording of the questions, I believe the pollsters are of the Leftist persuasion.
I’m undecided if participating in such surveys is a good idea or not. I did do their survey but do they use the parts/answers they don’t like or cherry pick?

bullgator

Dun

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Have a look at the questions and judge for yourself. One asked if the respondent was in favor of a museum glorifying the Confederacy. Why would they choose the term "glorifying" instead of "accurately interpreting the history of"?

Thomas Paine

Banned Troll
Have a look at the questions and judge for yourself. One asked if the respondent was in favor of a museum glorifying the Confederacy. Why would they choose the term "glorifying" instead of "accurately interpreting the history of"?

couldn’t a museum do both? many people find glory in the cause of the confederacy even today?