Cooking For My Son

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My son was in on leave last weekend from Lejeune. Haven't seen him for over a year. It was good to see him. We cooked what he requested, and enjoyed it greatly. Forgot to take pics of most of it. Here's a few things I remembered to take pics of.

Healthy breakfast:
breakfast1.jpg

Deer burgers:

burger.jpg

Saturday night, we cranked up the tunes, broke out the cold beer and KY bourbon, and had a taquito making party. We all woke up with a headache, but quite happy. :)

taquitos.jpg

Before he left Sunday morning, he wanted some grits and my semi-world famous fridge trash has with a runny aig. Taters, bacon, Conecuh sausage, onions, jalapenos, sharp cheddar, and stuff. Stone ground SC cheese grits. It was good.

hash1.jpg

hash2.jpg

arlo.jpg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’m for sure he didn’t leave hungry , glad you got to spend some time with him . I got to spend the holiday with my neice that’s in the Navy , she’s got to leave tomorrow headed back to Virginia and quarantine for 14 days and then helicopter ride back to her ship .

Geffellz18

Dadgum, you all ate like kings! All of it looks righteous, but them taquitos and conecuh hash trash skillet truly sparked my interest!
The hash skillet might just have to be on the menu this coming weekend!
Thank your son for his service!

tjchurch

Thank your son for his service. The food looks awesome.

pop pop jones

With it being Thanksgiving, I know he left very thankful, that he got a cheeseburger, cause we all know, their few and far between

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
With it being Thanksgiving, I know he left very thankful, that he got a cheeseburger, cause we all know, their few and far between
Lol. He also suggested the big brisket I smoked for Thanksgiving that I forgot to take any pics of.