Cool Gun-Related Volunteer Opportunity for Charity

ChidJ

Hey, its not in Georgia but its close. Guardian Long Range is holding a competition in Barnwell SC (just across the river from Augusta) and they need a few more volunteers. The event goes from 5-7 Nov. It's all for charity. I think this year they are donating 100% of the event proceeds to the Maxwell House which is an organization that helps place foster kids and orphans in permanent homes. The president of the series was a foster kid himself and has a powerful story. He makes 0 money off of this enterprise. This is his passion project, not his day job. It's all for the kids.

To sweeten the deal, all volunteers get $200 in raffle tickets and a voucher to compete in a future event (its 250 bucks). The prize table that gets raffled is usually pretty stacked thanks to generous donors. And how often do you get to hang out with cool gun folks in a decommissioned nuclear facility?

If you are interested, email info@guardianlongrange.com I don't make any money from them or get any perks for posting this at all. I just believe in what they are doing and think more people might get involved if they just knew about it.

They made some cool videos going over what they are about. Gary Larson, the founder of the series has a powerful story.

Reactions: Dub

ChidJ

Just wanted to bump this up as they are still looking for some volunteers. Did I mention they'll be blowing up a car again? There is a separate raffle for who gets to blow it up and the proceeds from that also go to charity for pediatric brain cancer research.

They need ROs, spotters, and some folks to hunt down "snipers" in the woods for the stalk event on Friday.

FlipKing

Sounds like an awesome event. Wish I was available! Hope you find enough volunteers to staff it!