Corned beef, cabbages & cabbages & tiny taters.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
.....and a slice of sopping bread....and big ole glass of Milo's shuggafree iced tea.

View attachment 1304139

Going back for another helping of cabbage. (y)
Looks good! And Milo’s tea is hard to beat. But I can’t do without the sugar. :bounce: They also have an extra sweet, but no thanks! Regular sweet is more than enough.

Dub

Love that stuff. Looks like you figured out the insta pot.

Yep.....it was fairly simple....ran the brisket first...suspended above the onions, beef broth & white vinegar. 70 mins at pressure.

Then, removed it and dropped in the two heads of cabbage, each quartered. Ran it on 4 mins at pressure. For whatever reason it was taking forever to build up to pressure...steam coming out of the vent, but finally did seal up after I lightly pressed down on the lid for a couple seconds. :huh:

I need to check the seal and make sure it is installed-positioned correctly.

Looks good! And Milo’s tea is hard to beat. But I can’t do without the sugar. :bounce: They also have an extra sweet, but no thanks! Regular sweet is more than enough.
Thanks.

This is the jug I bought.
It has Splenda or some type of calorie-free sweetener.

I feel sorta silly buying tea when I could make it myself.....but all I can say is this stuff is gooooooood. :banana:

Made too big of a dent in it this afternoon, too. Gonna keep me up all night. Oh well....got some great books to read. :bounce:
IMG_3788.jpeg

@Dub, fine looking supper!

Thank you.

Stuffed now......hit another plate full of the cabbage....and dusted it with more "caramelized garlic butter" seasoning.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Yep.....it was fairly simple....ran the brisket first...suspended above the onions, beef broth & white vinegar. 70 mins at pressure.

Then, removed it and dropped in the two heads of cabbage, each quartered. Ran it on 4 mins at pressure. For whatever reason it was taking forever to build up to pressure...steam coming out of the vent, but finally did seal up after I lightly pressed down on the lid for a couple seconds. :huh:

I need to check the seal and make sure it is installed-positioned correctly.

Thanks.

This is the jug I bought.
It has Splenda or some type of calorie-free sweetener.

I feel sorta silly buying tea when I could make it myself.....but all I can say is this stuff is gooooooood. :banana:

Made too big of a dent in it this afternoon, too. Gonna keep me up all night. Oh well....got some great books to read. :bounce:
View attachment 1304151

Thank you.

Stuffed now......hit another plate full of the cabbage....and dusted it with more "caramelized garlic butter" seasoning.
Told you one of them things cooked good cabbage.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

"Caramelized garlic butter" seasoning?

Found some of their stuff in the local Walmart Neighborhood Market.

Image 348.jpeg

Image 349.jpeg

Dub

Corned beef and cabbage is one of my favorite meals. We don't wait around for St. Patty's.

Side note, Kinder's has quickly become my favorite seasoning company. That buttery garlic one is AMAZING on vegetables, my kids even eat them now.

(y)

I now leave these two out on the counter, along with the pepper grinder.

Stuff is good.

IMG_3794.jpeg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Then, removed it and dropped in the two heads of cabbage, each quartered. Ran it on 4 mins at pressure.

I don't know how that could have turned out better. I bet that corned beef was melt in your mouth tender! :rockon:

Geffellz18

(y)

I now leave these two out on the counter, along with the pepper grinder.

Stuff is good.

View attachment 1304205
GON have to try that caramalized onion butter stuff. We almost exclusively use this brand after picking up some a few years back at Sam’s prolly have 5-6 different ones in the seasoning cabinet.
Our Go To’s are The Blend & Buttery Steakhouse. Our favorite was the Butchers All Purpose, but you now have to order it. Haven’t seen any in the store in a long time
Dinner looks great, BTW!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Man Yeah!!!! Great Eats Dub!!!!