Country-fried deer steaks with all the trimmings

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
This one is from this past Friday night. We like to cook a nice meal together on Fridays, often something a little fancy, like salmon or surf & turf, but this one went back to our roots, was a little easier on the wallet, and turned out to be one of the best meals we have cooked. It reminded me of something my mom or grandmother would cook on a Sunday.

As for the meal itself:
I seasoned, battered, and fried the cubed deer steaks, then topped them with some homemade gravy. The sides are pan-fried petite potatoes (I always pour in a little beer right before they get done and let it cook off to add a little sweetness), crockpot mac & cheese, collard greens, and homemade cornbread.

I handled the steaks and collards; my lady handled the rest of the dishes and helped prep the collards. Wasn't worth a flip after eating this meal, and I'm going to have some more of those greens tonight!

20220826_213309.jpg

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Pls send me your recipe and NCHillbillys recipe
The gravy, cornbread, and mac & cheese are the only things that I had a recipes for. I can try to find what I put in the steak seasoning, but the dry batter was just seasoned on the fly like usual. Collards just had a yellow onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and thick-cut bacon.

alwayslookin

I could eat a pile of that deer steak and greens! Okay, be lying if I said I wouldn't have some cornbread too.

Gator89

Here is an easy recipe for some dang good greens:

https://margaretholmes.com/products/collard-greens/

10214LBL_MH-Seas-Collared-Greens_TL-F-website.png