Covert LoRa review

Borisvonf

Have mostly been a lurker or question asker here so it’s my turn to contribute I guess. I bought the Covert LoRa, 3 camera and base station on sale from Mack’s prairie wings for around $600. Seemed like a good price when I compared online.
This is a multi camera system that radios to the base unit that then sends to a cellular service. I thought it would be the idea solution for my 100 acre farm of which my house sits in the middle and on a rise.
I really like the idea, but the function just did not work out for me.
I get great cell service from the base but the 12 AA batteries only lasted 2 1/2 weeks. I got a wall adapter as i keep the base at my garage. That alleviated the battery problem for the base. The radio signal from the cameras to the base FOR ME AND MY LOCATION (sorry to yell but wanted to be clear) only worked in essentially a line of site fashion. It would not go through dense woods. At one feeder I had to move the camera to the side of the tree as I got no signal on opposite side of tree.
Right now, I only have 2 of the three cameras out because they will only work at 2 stand locations. I could use as a regular camera.
The 2 cameras I have out are working and sending decent pictures. The 12 batteries last about 1 1/2 month. I could cancel cellular service and just get the card from the base to see the pictures but I have enjoyed getting the pictures directly to my phone or iPad.
For the money, I would have been better off with 3 cheaper cell cams and pay for 3 plans just through deer season. Time will tell.
I hope this helps someone else with their decision and welcome any comments to make my system work better.