Questions about cell game cameras.

Mackie889

Hi all ... hope you can help me w/ my situation. I have a property that gets no little to no cell signal to operate the cellular game cameras. I've tried a few different brands w/ different carriers and I don't believe that they are an option for me, UNLESS there is a signal booster available? So,
1) is there anything available that will help get a signal in a "dead" zone?
2) I've seen the cuddi-link cameras that aren't like the typical cell camera. They basically consist of satellite cameras that send images to a "base" camera, so that you only have to check one camera. Are these cameras sending the images with cell service as well?
Thanks for any info you can provide!

whitter

BANNED
With my Ridgetec cams run in that type of environment I use a high gain antenna on a pole above my cam mount. I believe that they have in stock such so just google the name and go to their web site for that data. Good luck

six

The cuddelink cameras communicate with the home camera via WiFi. The home camera sends the pictures via cell service

2dye4

I have found the the new SPYPOINT flex uses 2 different cards and seems to work well in most places.

Stainlessman

The new moultrie Edge attches to whatever network tower or signal is strongest.
The ridgeTec mentioned earlier with exterior antenna would be a good choice too.

DynamicDennis

I've given up on cell cams. They are worse than regular cams because you know when they are not working, opposed to getting excited to pull cards and then you find out they were not working. Heck they are all bad. Wish I didn't like looking at pics of varmints and weeds so much, or else I'd quit running them all together.

OffTheBeatnPath

I run reveals and they are great if you have good cell service where they are.. but on the other hand, if you hang one somewhere with poor service it seems to drain the batteries alot quicker searching for cell service. I almost stick to just using a regular one if I know there isn't good service.

davidhelmly

If you have a spot on the property that gets decent cell service the cuddelink system may be perfect for you.
Just put you home cell camera where you have signal, then you can position your remote cameras in places you want with no signal and as long as they are linked to your home cell camera it will retrieve the pictures from the remotes and send them to you by text or email.

The new moultrie Edge attches to whatever network tower or signal is strongest.
The ridgeTec mentioned earlier with exterior antenna would be a good choice too.
I am not impressed with my edge cameras they seem to miss pictures or they get lost in the cloud and never make it. My TACTACAM reveal x cameras blow them out of the water. The edge have some nice features but I like having the memory card and wether there are good cell signal or not it takes a picture. The edges do not pickup as good as the reveals. I have 3 cell cameras on the same track the reveal has strong signal edge has poor and never gets better. I am sending my back and will be purchasing more reveals