Cowetta Co Rut

Ace1313

I will be in the stand Friday morning. I can update then.

FOLES55

It’s happening.

hambone76

I witnessed some really good pre-rut action from right before Halloween through the first week on this month. Last week was slow at my place. It should be close to wide open right now.
We are on the Carroll/Coweta line.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I hunt Heard in in the Northeast corner right next to Coweta. We saw our first chasing this weekend, but the majority of does still seem to be by themselves. The week of Thanksgiving has always been money for us.

crucible02

I've seen young bucks chasing a bit but that's about it. Just starting to see more scrapes open up.

I killed one over the weekend who had fresh rub trash on his bases and his hocks were dark brown. He was cruising alone through a thicket.

ucfireman

Saw chasing the last of Oct- first of Nov. Then slow. Bigger ones are showing on camera so? The breeding is usually Thanksgiving here, Close to the state park.

ghadarits

I hunted near Morland for about 7 years and the major chasing seemed to be between 11/10-11/20 the years I hunted Cowers county. I’m basing that on the dates I shot big bucks or at least what I consider big bucks.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Lots of variation in the timing of it in east coweta vs west next to heard in my opinion

Ace1313

In past years I remember the best Rut action occurring around 11/12 on my uncles farm. He has some prime ground and I expect to see some bucks this weekend. Just want my son to see the right buck for him.

ROLLTIDE 33

Usually we have already started where I am at seems late this year. But I have occasionally seen it go a little later into the season here not often though.

hambone76

One of my buddies just saw 3 bucks chasing a doe.
We are in Whitesburg.

Ace1313

I got a video yesterday from my uncle. He just got off the skid steer and had a nice 2/3 year 8 just standing there for several minutes looking at him.

Ace1313

Saw several lone does today and several younger bucks. If I was to guess it is probably lockdown. My son did connect with his first nice buck a 3yr old 9pt. So proud of him!! Another full day in the woods awaits tomorrow.

Saw several scrapes and lots of fresh rubs. Saw two shooters, one rubbing a tree for what seemed like forever after I rattled him in, and one spike. All cruising around pretty relaxed. Not sure what to make of where we are in the rut. See my horror story in the thread for more info. “**** of a weekend already”
I’m going to go fix a drink now.
They’re out and about. Good luck.