17 mar
3 hunters
AR's w/ thermal
Carroll county field
Foxpro, MFK, TT, BOSS vocals and distress
Several heard
2 seen
1 killed
Had several coyotes respond to vocals, waited about 20 minutes with nothing showing itself so we decided to make a move towards them. As we got up to the edge of a gas line right of way we could see two coyotes working our way. We were trying to let my buddies 9 year old get his first coyote and we almost let the coyotes get a little to close. once his boy shot I fired at the other coyote (and missed) and never saw what happened with the one he shot at but could hear the coyote making all kinds of noise in the leaves as it ran, so I figured it was hit hard. As we walked up to where the coyote had been standing, we found most of its stomach contents laid out on the ground. The coyote only made it about 100 yards. Sorry, no pic

Permitchaser

3/26/20
Just me
savage AR
6am
Newton County
went to my daughter's farm where i heard Coyotes call last week turkey hunting. Used my Deadbone FoxPro. Started with fawn distress, i have a fawn decoy, then jack rabbit with cotton tail at the same time. Later I tried Coyote calls including pup distress
0 heard
0 seen
0 killed
darn I want to shoot one with my new AR and hand loads
I'm going at night the next time

Dusty Roads

4April :10PM
Fannin County
(2)1 hunter 1 Lookout
Keltec SU-16 & hunting dogs
ATN BinoX HD & ATN Thor 4
Cell Phone blue tooth to remote speaker-free app and mouth caller
3 heard
1 seen
0 killed
Hunting dogs (Elkhounds)out flanked coyotes upon hearing them-was able to drive one young past us-too close to hunting dogs for safe shot
Amazing how these dogs are so smart to do that.

Dusty Roads

5April:10PM
Fannin County
(2)1 Hunter 1 Lookout
Keltec-SU16 & hunting dogs
Atn BinoX HD & ATN Thor 4
Cell Phone blue tooth to remote speaker and mouth caller
0 Heard
0 Seen
0 Killed
Extremely bright moon-walked through woods easily without lights-no leaves on trees,yet

Yotedawg

4/2/20
1 hunter
AR10 with thermal
North Grady county fields
Foxpro distress
0 heard
1 seen
1 killed

The Predator Outlaws have been practicing social distancing during this time but triggerman Strick went out alone on his property after getting several dawg pics on his trail cams. After playing some Foxpro Mr. McCottontail, this male tried slipping through the backdoor.

Attachments

• IMG_6189.JPG
    IMG_6189.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 13

Seek2

Banned Again
Two of us went out last night in Oglethorpe county over some freshly plowed ag land. Saw 2 killed two. First dog killed in cattle pasture. The second dog howled back at us the first time we were locating. Took Him 34 minutes to commit. I videoed him for 6 minutes trying to find the dogs that were there. 4ABC2E25-5732-4183-9C03-B4D2E0E6FC34.jpegFC7F6A5D-A401-4F70-ACE6-C74B71EBBE04.jpeg

Yotedawg

Two of us went out last night in Oglethorpe county over some freshly plowed ag land. Saw 2 killed two. First dog killed in cattle pasture. The second dog howled back at us the first time we were locating. Took Him 34 minutes to commit. I videoed him for 6 minutes trying to find the dogs that were there.
Awesome hunt!!

geebler

18 Apr
3 hunters
AR's w/ thermal
Fulton county field
Several heard
3 seen
2 killed
We decided it might be good to try the coyotes again with the approaching storm from that rolled in this morning. At our first spot we had a few respond to howls from 400-500 yards off. It had been about 30 minutes and we were getting impatient and about to leave when a coyote finally stepped out, we were trying to let my buddy's kid do the shooting but the coyote had spotted us. So I shot and with one shot he was down right there.
On our second set we had coyotes respond from 4 different directions but similar to the first set it took the first one about 35 minutes to show. He had gotten all the way into our call (the grass was tall) before we spotted him. He smelled the call and was in the process of getting out of dodge. We howled to stop him and our 9 year old hunting buddy made a great neck shot (he actually called the shot and said he had to shoot there to avoid hitting the call) and he was down right there. About 10 minutes later another coyote caught us off guard and smelled us and took off.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    282.2 KB · Views: 12

chase870

Possum Sox
18 April 20
2 Hunters
AR's with Thermal
Barrow county pastures with and without cows
FoxPro Female Howls,Eastern cotton tail kitten cries and rodent
3 different groups or singles heard
2 seen
1 missed

I figured the yotes would be on the move last night. The first set just about called up a home owner and his dog. The second set produced a yote, was either a very young dog or had mange just didn't look like I wanted it do when I first saw him. By the time I made a positive ID on him he had worked his way around me and I missed him. Next set I had a lone yote working the edge of a pasture he just wouldn't come on to the call. Nothing on the next two sets the dogs seemed to stop responding about mid night.

Yotedawg

4/20/20
2 hunters
ar10's 243 and 308 with thermals
slight wind w/nw 60 degrees
north Grady county fields
Foxpro, MFK, Lucky Duck, Boss, Tony Tebbe vocals and distress
Several heard
4 seen
2 killed

The Predator Outlaws had enough of the social distancing. After over a month of not getting after them, we broke quarantine and tried them. It didn't take long. First set as we got out of the truck a quick scan showed an empty field. By the time I got my tripod out and my gun, another quick scan showed the one on the left in the pic coming up over a crest at the edge of the field under a pivot irrigation system. I never got the caller out. A few lip squeaks sealed the deal and my new AR10 in .243 sucked the life out of him with handloaded Sierra 70gr Blitzking bullets. The second set we had some talk to us but didn't want to play. The third set I threw several sounds out there trying to get one to respond. Nothing was working. I reached back in my sound files and found the one named Kryptonite. A couple minutes of that one and a head pops up over a terrace a couple hundred yards away. I continued playing and this male on the right in the pic made his way to our right using a terrace for cover. As he came up over it, Strick let one fly from his 308 and missed. The dawg took off but Strick caught up with him and drilled him on a dead run right through the front shoulder. He did a couple of somersaults and piled up. We both got it on video. Wish I could post it here. All in all a great hunt trying to get back into things.

Attachments

• IMG_6287.jpg
    IMG_6287.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 6

sleepr71

Yotedawg..how Are you liking that AR10 in .243?? I like a .243 in general anyway & have always thought they made a lot of sense,being a common caliber? How heavy is it,before & with the Thermal? I’m guessing ...heavy ?? Recoil should be really mild,esp. with 55-70 gr bullsts ?

Yotedawg

Yotedawg..how Are you liking that AR10 in .243?? I like a .243 in general anyway & have always thought they made a lot of sense,being a common caliber? How heavy is it,before & with the Thermal? I’m guessing ...heavy ?? Recoil should be really mild,esp. with 55-70 gr bullsts ?
Sleeper, so far I like it. You are right, it is heavy and that is going to take a little getting used to. It was heavy before I mounted my thermal and a lot heavier now. That said, it is a move that needed to be made if I continue hunting coyotes. The advantages outweigh the disadvantages FOR ME. I love the fast follow up shots and yes, because of the weight and shooting suppressed, recoil is nonexistent. I wanted to stay in the 6mm line of bullets because I was shooting a 6mm creedmoor and love the 70gr sierra blitzking bullet and I wanted to continue using it. Brownells has 6 creed barrels and I may wind up putting one on it but right now I am trying it out with the 243. I was happy with it’s performance earlier this week. It body slammed the dawg I shot with it.

Yotedawg

4/22/20
2 hunters
AR10's 243 and 308 with thermals
South Grady county fields and pastures
Windy
Foxpro, mfk, boss, tony tebbe, lucky duck distress and vocals
2 heard
0 seen
0 killed

Dead night. Never heard a dawg till our 4th and last set. Maybe it was the rain coming in the next day.

geebler

24 Apr
3 hunters
AR's w/ thermal
Douglas county powerline
Mid 50's light breeze
Heard several
0 seen
0 killed
Had coyotes respond in multiple directions to our initial howls and thought for sure we were in the game; Nothing showed. We thought we would mix it up and stay in the area for a while (sat about 2.5 hrs total) with so many coyotes around, but it proved unproductive.

chase870

Possum Sox
24 April 20
2 hunters
AR 10 /15 with thermals
Morgan County pasture wood lines and corn field
cool little to no wind
FoxPro eastern cotton tail lil pig distress and howls
several heard
0 seen
0 killed
had several respond to the sirean the law had on as they came down the road. Other than that nothing. Fog came in a got pretty thick which is a challenge.