CRAB APPLE TREES

SWAMPFOX

Anyone have a recommendation for a nursery in east central Georgia around Swainsboro, Midville, Sandersville, Wrens, Vidalia, that sells crab apple trees?
Thanks.

sportsman94

I like ordering from the wildlife group. I planted four crabapples in a pretty neglected area 3 years ago. One was trying to fruit last year, but I accidentally hit it with a weedeater. I lost two in the freezing weather we had at Christmas, but both of the remaining trees have fruit this year

IMG_7994.jpeg

gadeerwoman

Second on the wildlife group. They have good stock and decent prices. Beware of buying any from circulars like the market bulletin. Years ago I ordered from someone advertising them on the market bulletin. Turned every one they shipped were bradford pears! I'm still trying to kill the things.

davel

I am in the same area as you. Contact Bolu Nursery in Washington County. He will have some this fall I believe. They are on Facebook and Google.

bhouston

Hallman Farms is the best. They have crab apples, but their pear varieties are the best. I sometimes pick some trees up from Roche in Dublin or Hill in Sparta

bhouston

Where is Hallman Farms?
Little Mountain, SC. They ship. But, the last time I ordered (Feb 2023) the shipper declined to take the order. So, Janice and Benny met me in Augusta with the load (30 trees) and I hauled them back in my truck to Johnson County. The pear trees are hardy, grow quickly and are blight resistant.

davel

Little Mountain, SC. They ship. But, the last time I ordered (Feb 2023) the shipper declined to take the order. So, Janice and Benny met me in Augusta with the load (30 trees) and I hauled them back in my truck to Johnson County. The pear trees are hardy, grow quickly and are blight resistant.
Thanks for the info!