Creek Find

Big7

The Oracle
I don't pretend to be an expert on injun's.. I think that area fell under Cherokee. South of there is Seminole country.. Way south. There will be someone along soon that knows.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
That looks like a big Kirk Corner Notch, near as I can see it. Made from high grade Coastal Plains chert. That thing is old, Early Archaic. 8,500 years old. Mighty nice find you have there.

westcobbdog

My buddy found this on a sand bar on a small creek that runs through my Warren County property. Over the years weve found 50-60 points mostly sugar quartz but a few like this in a 3-4 acre area near the creek. What tribe or tribes occupied this area.View attachment 1005422
From what I have read Creek Indians who sorta lived in their own tribal areas and banded together when need be to ward off sorties from waring tribes from the coastal areas.

dank1296

Nice little quartz point found on the edge of the lake on Warren Co. property. Lake was down about 2 feet and was just lying on top. Found about 100 yards down from the one at start of thread. That one was found in creek above the lake. Kinda neat to think the last person to hold it was a few hundred years ago. Maybe brought down a deer or turkey.

Attachments

• IMG_6589.JPG
    IMG_6589.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 45

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My buddy found this on a sand bar on a small creek that runs through my Warren County property. Over the years weve found 50-60 points mostly sugar quartz but a few like this in a 3-4 acre area near the creek. What tribe or tribes occupied this area.View attachment 1005422
That point far predates any historical "tribes" that we know by several thousand years.

dank1296

Never really research points till i posted this back in March and got great info from Nicodemus. Think this one may be a Dalton Point. Peachstatearcheologicalsociety.org had a great article on Washington County site which is close to Warren

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
Unless you find iron points or musket balls, none of the projectile points you are finding were likely made by any historical indian tribes (what some call Creeks and Cherokees in GA). Indians pretty much stopped making stone projectile points after they had trade with Europeans....