Crossbow bolt help needed

TJay

I saw this post last year and while the bolts that came with my Excalibur were "ok" but a little underwhelming. I ordered some of the Black Eagle Executioners and they fly quite a bit better. I am happy I made the purchase!

hambone76

OP, can you not remove and reset the inserts so that you have the alignment of the broadhead and vanes that you want?

Shadow11

Well, i ended up getting some rage 2 blade mechanical crossbow heads before the season started. They all flew very accurately with crossbow and the headhunter bolts. I finally got a chance to use one yesterday eve. I was about 20 foot high, and he was about 15 yards from tree. Got a clean pass through. Large entry and exit hole. I hit him slightly back, but it got the job done. He ran about 150 yards, but a lot of that was downhill. Nice 11 pt. Couldn't be happier with the results!
Screenshot_2020-11-09-03-25-19.pngScreenshot_2020-11-09-03-25-25.pngScreenshot_2020-11-09-03-25-08.pngScreenshot_2020-11-09-13-29-30.pngScreenshot_2020-11-09-13-29-39.png

James12

I still use a couple of the cheap headhunters that came with my raptor FX2, and spitfire NAP Maxx heads. Inside 30 yards it’s lethal.

Shadow11

This is the rage broad head that I used on that buck. I think it is called rage crossbow x. I threw away the package, but it was something like that.

I didn't find the bolt til the next day. Somehow, even at that steep angle, it managed to go about 10 yards past him. It was laying there, flat on the ground. I never did figure that one out. Screenshot_2020-12-03-19-45-53.png

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Man that’s so awesome! I’m trying......I’d be happy with a spike!
You got a giant!!

South Man

Call Jerry at Tapp-nation.com and order the lower priced Black Eagle Executioner's. Order them spine indexed, spine and weight sorted. You'll then own a precision arrow capable of long range grouping. I have a ram spine tester. I index and build my own arrows from raw shaft. That being said, I've owned 6-7 Barnett xbows including several raptors and every one, had what I call the famous Barnett design flaw. The string does not align with the center of the nock. It'll group good with field points but will probably not with broadheads, especially fixed heads. Whats happening is, the string is pushing off the bottom lip of the moon nock and jumping up into the valley of the nock causing erratic flight. Carefully cock and load your Raptor. With a light, look and see if your string is in the valley of the nock. Bear and PSE had the same problem. I went to my local proshop and tried nock string fit until I found one that was perfect. The ONLY lower priced xbow I found in that shop was a Wicked Ridge Ranger x2. It was the only Wicked Ridge in the shop so I can't speak for the rest. This pic should explain it. So, even if you have a precision arrow you may not have a xbow capable of making good shots ? Barnett could easily fix this problem. They know about it, I made sure of that. All they have to do is widen the rail slit and that would lower the arrow. They refuse. My little and slow Wicked Ridge Ranger will group Muzzy fixed heads on a grape fruit at 70 yds, golf ball at 40 and a quarter at 20.
This man has some good advice-oh and he is "the deer whisperer" so he knows what he is talking about!