CROSSBOWS!

Buckman18

What model?

It’s a Bear. Don’t remember beyond that and I’m not home to look. Seems like Vanish or Viper or some such.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I have a centerpoint thats made by ravin, , shoots 415fps and accurate to 80 yards, it was around 600 new with the scope.
I also have a centerpoint , sweet shooting crossbow for a fraction of the price. I didn’t realize they were made by ravin until I contacted them about a cracked limb . Sent me a whole new limb and string assembly without any questions .

Gbr5pb

Don’t really know anything about crossbows but think I like the decock on this wicked ridge. Will be useful in the evening in my urban bow hunting areas. Do not like these alpha nock bolts your supposed to use to maintain warranty. They are all glued up where you can’t replace a busted nock or add lights. But I’ll use it to supplement the Matthews

I don’t have a crossbow yet. This will be my last year shooting a compound after 30 years doing so. Shoulder injury many years ago has done me in on being able to continue regardless of weight. I will be getting the ten point or ravin. I don’t much care what other people thinks of how much or how little my equipment cost. It makes me happy and I am able to make a clean ethical kill usually on game. Haters gonna gripe complain and hate because that’s all they know to do.. them type folks aren’t in my circle of family and friends and there opinion matters none !

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I sure ain’t hatin me some high end toys, I like them! I may not have any, but I still like them. I got a crossbow so I could extend my hunting season by hitting the archery dates. $249, to my door, ready to shoot. I killed my first deer with it and fell in love…..then a limb cracked(remember?). I started shooting my kids bow and found a new love! It’s all I want to carry or shoot, but I’ll participate in rifle seasons with a gun, bet on it!
I know a crossbow ain’t cheating, but there is something about that bow that I just love! I’ll use the crossbow again, but not so long as I can draw a bow….and it ain’t broke! I actually want a new one of those! IMHO the bow and a saddle combo just cannot be beat, cept maybe an enclosed blind with horrible weather outside……that’d be awesome!