Dawson forest wma

I live in Dahlonega and hunt the Chattahoochee NF,but it's buck only outside the wmas all season,even during bow, I was thinking about hunting Dawson forest,but a few years ago a ranger told me that Dawson Forest was 1st in the state for thieves and vandalism of vehicles and campers etc,and I had a guy tell me how him and his buddies had every piece of camping equipment stolen while they were out hunting,anybody else have anything stolen or property vandalized?

bany

Never heard all that, not surprising though. Haven’t been hunting that area since I killed off the deer herd.

I can't believe the screwed up way the DNR runs wmas open 4days closed for 2-3 weeks then open again for a few days,and then buck only maybe 1doe day on the last day of 4 day hunt period, every time I tried to scout an area wma gates closed until a couple days before season,deer herd down so low I'm considering not even getting a license this year might go hunt another state,Ga needs to go back to 2 bucks/3does!!!

GSPEED

I’m with you as last year was first time in 40 years I didn’t buy a Georgia hunting license and it ain’t looking good this year. Never should have went away from the 2 bucks/ 3 does in North Georgia. Been arguing about CNF on here for awhile but unless you’re hunting on it you don’t understand.

Pineyrooter

I can't believe the screwed up way the DNR runs wmas open 4days closed for 2-3 weeks then open again for a few days,and then buck only maybe 1doe day on the last day of 4 day hunt period, every time I tried to scout an area wma gates closed until a couple days before season,deer herd down so low I'm considering not even getting a license this year might go hunt another state,Ga needs to go back to 2 bucks/3does!!!

Seems to me you answered exactly why DNR does what they do related to gates. So what do you propose? The gates stay open all the time and hunters, jeepers and beer drinkers come and go 7 days a week as they please? You think deer numbers are down now, you open gates and allow hunting and access for extended days and I suspect you would reevaluate the reason hunt dates are limited and gates remain closed until "Hunters" need access. WMA hunt dates alternate from one WMA to another within the same region to provide opportunities for hunters throughout the season so each area isn't negatively impacted. Best option I know of to do away with WMA Regs is to join a hunting club.