Dec 21-Dec 22 Catch list for all to post

sportsman94

Pretty grey! It’s been a few years since I caught one. Used to catch the fire out of them around here

Was that the same set he was climbing on the other day?

Last edited:

sportsman94

Big male otter today. Had something set off a 220 on a slide and pull it to the waters edge. Guessing maybe a beaver who didn’t want to go into that little square. No action on the k9 line yet, but found the holy grail of coyote sign… on the neighbors property. A sandy wash in an overgrown field and there was tracks and poop all in it from what I could see from the property I was on. I did my best and put a post set right on the property line and staked a dead beaver a few yards away to draw them over. Covered it with grass to keep the buzzards off and make it look like a bobcat covered it. Hopefully have something good to show soon

Attachments

• 1B7BC70E-CDC7-499E-A268-78744AFD3705.jpeg
    1B7BC70E-CDC7-499E-A268-78744AFD3705.jpeg
    596 KB · Views: 9

2dye4

Big male otter today. Had something set off a 220 on a slide and pull it to the waters edge. Guessing maybe a beaver who didn’t want to go into that little square. No action on the k9 line yet, but found the holy grail of coyote sign… on the neighbors property. A sandy wash in an overgrown field and there was tracks and poop all in it from what I could see from the property I was on. I did my best and put a post set right on the property line and staked a dead beaver a few yards away to draw them over. Covered it with grass to keep the buzzards off and make it look like a bobcat covered it. Hopefully have something good to show soon
Good catch!! I’ve always put a little trash in front of the body traps on slides just to slow otters down because they are so fast.

Doug B.

Nice otter! Good luck drawing the neighbors coyotes!

sportsman94

Seen it happen too many times, but once you slow him down he’ll be there in the morning.

What kind of trash do you put? I’ve never done that before. This is the first or second time the belisles have ever been set off without a critter for me. Sure I educated something. May bring some snares out in the next few days

2dye4

What kind of trash do you put? I’ve never done that before. This is the first or second time the belisles have ever been set off without a critter for me. Sure I educated something. May bring some snares out in the next few days
Just put a few sticks, grass, etc. in the original slide so the second guess the transition from land to water. Most times you catch them when they are going down the slide.

Doug B.

I had one in a remake this morning. This makes the third coyote out of this set with same trap, same dirthole, etc. It was about 22° here this morning. The dirt was froze to the trap where the coyote had went around in the catch circle. The peat moss kept my trap working thankfully. It was a big heavy male. It was caught on Top Dog and Vixen Elixer. 20220126_073841.jpg

sportsman94

I had one in a remake this morning. This makes the third coyote out of this set with same trap, same dirthole, etc. It was about 22° here this morning. The dirt was froze to the trap where the coyote had went around in the catch circle. The peat moss kept my trap working thankfully. It was a big heavy male. It was caught on Top Dog and Vixen Elixer. View attachment 1131545

Pretty coyote!

2dye4

I had one in a remake this morning. This makes the third coyote out of this set with same trap, same dirthole, etc. It was about 22° here this morning. The dirt was froze to the trap where the coyote had went around in the catch circle. The peat moss kept my trap working thankfully. It was a big heavy male. It was caught on Top Dog and Vixen Elixer. View attachment 1131545
Nice catch on remakes!! Man, I’ve got to buy that combo and quit talking about it.

furtaker

Is Top Dog a pretty mild smelling bait?

Doug B.

Is Top Dog a pretty mild smelling bait?
I does help that the set in that picture is on a corner where almost every coyote that ever comes through there has to walk right by it. And with it blowed up with a big catch circle it gets noticed. I even had a wild hog root my trap up the other night.