turkeykirk

He sure was a hardnose football player. RIP

Last edited:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
RIP another of the greats gone.

GeorgiaBob

He was a hero in my high school days. In college, when I learned he played rugby in the off season, I hoped to meet him on the field. That didn't happen. Fine man. Big heart. Good player.

MudDucker

Staff member
He was a man among men. Mean as a snake on the field. I met him at a resturant in Atlanta after a Falcons game. When we shook hands, his hand enveloped mine like I was a midget. I was a teenager and in awe of him.

Cool Hand Luke

A fond memory of Dick Butkus.
Saw him play the Falcons at Atlanta Fulton Co. stadium in the 70's. Players would walk out of the baseball dugout. I was standing on the wall above the players walking out and here comes Dick. I said hey Mr. Butkus and he reached up and untied the shoelace on my converse tennis shoe. :)

Then he commenced to wreak havoc on the Falcons offense.

RIP Mr. Butkus

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
He was old school greatness. Hate to see them all passing on. They played manly football back then. I don’t think today’s players could take the hits they dished out.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Great player . Saw an interview with him one time and they asked him who was the best linebacker he played against and he said Tommy Nobis also said it was a shame Nobis wasn't in Hall of Fame .
When I saw this thread the other linebacker I thought of was Nobis.