Did You Buy A Gun Today #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacecars

Well crap! I was commenting on another forum about T/C Contenders when I wasn’t sure if the BF pistol would go through. Well someone messaged me with an offer for a 14” .375 JDJ barrel and a lot of brass at a price I couldn’t turn down. Trouble is now I have to find a Contender frame and dies

rosewood

Well crap! I was commenting on another forum about T/C Contenders when I wasn’t sure if the BF pistol would go through. Well someone messaged me with an offer for a 14” .375 JDJ barrel and a lot of brass at a price I couldn’t turn down. Trouble is now I have to find a Contender frame and dies
It is my understanding that heavy loads in the .375 can stretch the contender frame. I do recommend the G2 instead, it is a big more stout and I think they added meat where the stretching was occurring.

Rosewood

pacecars

I used to have a bunch of Contenders starting in the 80s and with sane loads you should be ok. The G2 did cure some of the ills caused by the “rocks and dynamite” crowd. There are 4 basic models or updates before the G2. The 4th is a good one that has all the improvements save for the side bolsters like the Encore.

Adam5

I picked up the new metal framed S&W M&P 2.0 9mm last night. I ran 100 rounds after work today. It made my hottest hand loads feel like nothing.

Attachments

• E7023476-918A-418F-8AF2-8BC95EBDA6C4.jpeg
    E7023476-918A-418F-8AF2-8BC95EBDA6C4.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 1C236CD8-5A8C-453D-9FD1-8BA07D6F7FBE.jpeg
    1C236CD8-5A8C-453D-9FD1-8BA07D6F7FBE.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 3

Robert28

Finally found my new duck hunting gun! Well, it’ll be my all around gun but mostly duck hunting and plenty of dove fields. I’d looked at TONS of guns but finally settled on a Beretta A300 Ultima in mossy oak bottom land. That’s the gun I’d really been wanting but hadn’t come across a deal yet. Well I finally did, patience pays off I guess. $719(plus $20 shipping) and I jumped all over that. Next closest price I’d been seeing was over $800 so I figured I better act now.

Robert28

I picked up the new metal framed S&W M&P 2.0 9mm last night. I ran 100 rounds after work today. It made my hottest hand loads feel like nothing.
I really want one of those but I keep telling myself I have too many handguns as it is. Oh well, maybe one more won’t hurt lol

pacecars

Well I bought a T/C Contender frame with the Pachmayer Gripper grips and forend and then got offered a never mounted brand new 12” Gary Reeder barrel in .257 Raptor along with a bunch of bullets and brass at a price I couldn’t pass up. Oh yeah, I picked up my BF 6.5 pistol. It has been a good couple of days

GregoryB.

I purchased another 22 Rifle. I got a Savage Minimalist with the green laminated stock. Got the 22 Mag a few weeks ago. Ordered a BSA Compact Sweet 22 scope for it but it won’t work with the Savage bases already on the rifle. Need a rail since it’s compact and has a short scope tube. Guess I will look through the safe for another scope.

rosewood

Those dang PSA email ads hooked me again. Had the M&P 10mm with 4 mags and a holster for $599 with $100 S&W mail in rebate, I couldn't resist. 4.6" bbl. Waiting on it to arrive at my FFL.

Rosewood

rosewood

killerv

But a year later, I forget about the rebate and end up ripping up the check because it came in something that looked like junk mail. Still waiting on a 50 check from field a stream from 2 years ago.

Didn't buy any but I was finally about to bring a bunch of mine home to roost. Had quite a few over at my dad's place and now they are in their final resting place. :)

Time to get the dies out to see what this old 30-40 Krag will do.

rosewood

But a year later, I forget about the rebate and end up ripping up the check because it came in something that looked like junk mail. Still waiting on a 50 check from field a stream from 2 years ago.
S&W is sending a $100 gift card. Seems like I got one years ago and it comes in an envelope with S&W stamped on it. I won't be ripping that one up thinking it is junk mail. :)

Rosewood

rmp

I bought a lightly used RAR prefix 700 ADL in .308. I’m putting together a budget 6BRA for a good friend. Already have it all broke down and the barrel pulled. Boyd’s stock and a Sendero contour 8” twist.

@pacecars or any Sharps guys, I got my build letter from Shiloh on Thursday. 2 years to the day from when I ordered it. Of course I don’t have it yet because they haven’t started building it but I did buy it. Full payment required to start the build. I have an appointment next Thursday to check out their selection of presentation wood.

Dub

Those dang PSA email ads hooked me again. Had the M&P 10mm with 4 mags and a holster for $599 with $100 S&W mail in rebate, I couldn't resist. 4.6" bbl. Waiting on it to arrive at my FFL.

Rosewood

That sounds awesome!!!

pacecars

I bought a lightly used RAR prefix 700 ADL in .308. I’m putting together a budget 6BRA for a good friend. Already have it all broke down and the barrel pulled. Boyd’s stock and a Sendero contour 8” twist.

@pacecars or any Sharps guys, I got my build letter from Shiloh on Thursday. 2 years to the day from when I ordered it. Of course I don’t have it yet because they haven’t started building it but I did buy it. Full payment required to start the build. I have an appointment next Thursday to check out their selection of presentation wood.
That is cool! What are you having built?

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have my dads old Benjamin from when he was young. Quality stuff.

I missed the .177 one I had as a kid...my buddy and I terrorized the squirrel population just outside the neighbor hood when we were kids. I'm not sure what happened to it...I just threw out an old Crossman my Dad had around the house and it doesn't hold air any more. Didn't think I wanted to fix it. He probably wore mine out and got this one.

I saw this one and got a little nostalgic...except I got the synthetic in .22. If this proves to as much fun as it used to...I just might buy an air tank to use for the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.