Did you reload anything today #4

Dub

Howdy folks.

Looks like we have run out of room on the prior reloading thread and wanted to keep the fun going.
We have some really good discussions and some folks here with deep knowledge and great patience who promote safe practices and have been super helpful to coach along the new, advanced and even the slow learners like me. :rofl:

Pour a cup of coffee....a bottle of Diet Dew, suds, iced tea or a couple fingers of smooth and update us on your loading endeavors.

Prior threads....

Number One:

https://forum.gon.com/threads/did-you-reload-anything-today.978145/

Number Two:

https://forum.gon.com/threads/did-you-reload-anything-today-2.1009861/

Number Three:

deerslayer357

I reloaded the 300 win mag brass from yesterday morning’s range trip. 168 grn TTSX over Reloader 17. With this load I am getting 3247 FPS. Should be good deer and elk medicine.

rosewood

I reloaded the 300 win mag brass from yesterday morning’s range trip. 168 grn TTSX over Reloader 17. With this load I am getting 3247 FPS. Should be good deer and elk medicine.
Deer, elk, moose, grizzly, cape buffalo....

Bobby Bigtime

No but I wanted to. I went to the local sporting goods stores to get some 30 caliber round nose bullets, as I have shot a bunch lately. None to be had and no longer a spot on the shelf. All pointy stuff a lot of them the real fancy ones. One of the boys began to inform me that the round nose bullets had faded into obsolescence and were no longer practical ( I have underwear older than that boy) and was suggesting that I try these bullets that are a buck a piece. I thanked him for his time and began to look online. What's an old schooler to do?

Adam5

I sized, belled, and primed another 250 10mm cases this morning. That gives me 500 ready to go, and another 250 fired cases are scheduled to be delivered today.

Big7

The Oracle
No but I wanted to. I went to the local sporting goods stores to get some 30 caliber round nose bullets, as I have shot a bunch lately. None to be had and no longer a spot on the shelf. All pointy stuff a lot of them the real fancy ones. One of the boys began to inform me that the round nose bullets had faded into obsolescence and were no longer practical ( I have underwear older than that boy) and was suggesting that I try these bullets that are a buck a piece. I thanked him for his time and began to look online. What's an old schooler to do?
Get you some of these if you can find them.
Good bullets. I buy Sierra a lot and they preform well. These were back when they were $17.99 per hundred. Right at 18 cents per bullet. :bounce: 20230725_181758.jpg20230725_181938.jpg

Jester896

Senior Clown
those are .30-30 bullets...wish I had those...I moght have 102 then. I had to settle for some Hornadys that I found but still haven't loaded.

Bobby Bigtime

They do carry those here mostly Hornady 150s they are too short generally for my liking. Plus I like the heavier 180, 200 and 220 grainer I was super lucky to have found the 200 grain speers (discontinued decades ago) at a garage sale last summer. They have been my favorite forever I didn't think I would ever see any again.

Big7

The Oracle
They do carry those here mostly Hornady 150s they are too short generally for my liking. Plus I like the heavier 180, 200 and 220 grainer I was super lucky to have found the 200 grain speers (discontinued decades ago) at a garage sale last summer. They have been my favorite forever I didn't think I would ever see any again.
Do you run those heavies in the X54 or the 300?

Bobby Bigtime

Do you run those heavies in the X54 or the 300?
In 30-06 mostly my Enfield the only ones I tried in the x54 are the Hornady 180s for the 303 British they are a good and accurate bullet in the x54. I will have to order those as well no one is stocking those here either. A friend is loading hawk 200gr round noses in his 30-06AI and really likes them but I looked them up and they are a bit pricey.

Big7

The Oracle
Not reloads but found these marked $27.95 (50) from back in 2019. I'm switching all the 9MM's over to these Federal +P+. Got them stuffed with Sig Sauer +P ball right now. I like these. I haven't been able to find any Gold Dot +P+. That's what I carried for years but these are about the same.

I keep "finding" money the more I dig through my storage unit. :bounce: Good haul this time.
20230726_094838.jpg

Big7

The Oracle
In 30-06 mostly my Enfield the only ones I tried in the x54 are the Hornady 180s for the 303 British they are a good and accurate bullet in the x54. I will have to order those as well no one is stocking those here either. A friend is loading hawk 200gr round noses in his 30-06AI and really likes them but I looked them up and they are a bit pricey.
I shoot the Sierra .308 in the X54. Good hunting bullet no farther than I'd shoot a round nose .308 in a .310 tube.

I got a good load wrote down somewhere for the X54 if you want it.

PM me your address and I'll send you a few of the Sierra if you want some.

Dub

Not reloads but found these marked $27.95 (50) from back in 2019. I'm switching all the 9MM's over to these Federal +P+. Got them stuffed with Sig Sauer +P ball right now. I like these. I haven't been able to find any Gold Dot +P+. That's what I carried for years but these are about the same.

I keep "finding" money the more I dig through my storage unit. :bounce: Good haul this time.
View attachment 1242641

The Federal 9BPLE is a great load that has been around a long time.

Lots of field testing on felons to prove its effectiveness.

Any gun that is not capable of running it well is not a gun that I'd want to carry in the first place.

Big7

The Oracle
The Federal 9BPLE is a great load that has been around a long time.

Lots of field testing on felons to prove its effectiveness.

Any gun that is not capable of running it well is not a gun that I'd want to carry in the first place.
Me either but you need to watch them +P+ if the gun ain't rated for them. They have a little more bark.

I agree though, it's been around a while and should be solid defensive performer.
:bounce:

Jester896

Senior Clown
What 30 30 bullets you looking for I might can help ya out.
Sierra Pro Hunter #2000, 2135 or 2020...just about in that order.
I was able to pick up some Hornady 3035s to use instead. I still have a few of the Sierra 2010s but I don't use those.

Sierra and Midway has the 2000 in stock but they are $43-45.00 a box

Last edited: