Did you reload anything today #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub

Made some progress yesterday.

Mounted my Co-Ax on an 8’ bench.
Went as far left as I could and still allowed some work space on the left. The rest of the bench will get filled soon.

0DC40695-3395-4710-B3F5-05028FD23C0D.jpeg

Resized 100 sp .45acp cases.
Smooth work in spite of the shorty handle.

A3CBFF70-F770-4BA4-A066-E417954F8CD8.jpeg

Disappointed to find corrosion all over / inside my powder funnel. That halted things while I am addressing the corrosion.

Skipped past the setback and broke out the bench primer and swapped it over to smalls.

Learned a few time savers.

Seated a few. Works great.

A605763A-C5F0-491A-B239-1DB2334C6B69.jpeg

DA1DFD85-BD90-457D-9DF9-609736836069.jpeg

B3E09226-AD31-48C7-BEB0-B7F1E0A67E4F.jpeg

13hr+ workdays will stall the fun until midweek next week.

Maybe by then I will find the Inline Fab plate for the 550C…..

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Update....finally reached a day off. Bones are aching after 4 consecutive 14+ hour work days. Not complaining....mighty grateful for the employment and the great people I work daily with.

The last five days I had the powder funnel above and a 9mm mate to it...with even more corrosion...both soaking in some Gibbs penetrant oil (couldn't find my Kroil).

Early this morning I wiped them off and soaked them down with Krud Cutter rust remover gel and let them soak for three hours and then dumped them into a small media tumbler that already had dirty cob & walnut in it.

Three hours later they came out feeling much smoother.

Going to let them soak another few hours in another dose of Krud Cutter Rust Remover Gel and then see what I'm working with.

IMG_9276.jpeg

IMG_9279.jpeg

IMG_9280.jpeg

Last edited:

Adam5

I haven’t reloaded in a few weeks, but prepped 50 45 Colt cases tonight. We’ll be reloading tomorrow and I hope to size and load some of the 255gr bullets that we cast Memorial Day weekend.

deerslayer357

Loaded 15 rounds of 270 Winchester with H4831SC and 130 grain SST’s to replace what I fired last weekend.
Rifle shot fine at 100 yards, then couldn’t get on target at 200/300- when cleaning rifle I realized the front integral scope ring/mount (Ruger) had loosened.
Tightened it back down and will try again later this week after confirming zero again.

Reactions: Dub

Adam5

We had a late start today, and after shooting, going to Cabelas, and grabbing lunch we didn’t have much loading time.

I measured a couple dozen of the 255gr .45 bullets that we cast a month or so ago. They all measured right at .452, so they don’t need to be sized. That’s perfect for my Vaquero. I tossed them in Alox lube and have them drying so they’re for the next time we load.

We did go ahead and seat 150 158gr lead semi wadcutters over 4.9gr of CFE-P for some .38 Spl plinkers.

Adam5

I received my latest order of 250 10mm brass from Mojo Precision on Saturday. I cleaned, sized/decapped, and belled them today. I’ll primer them tomorrow or Wednesday. These will be for my low pressure W231 GSSF rounds, as will my next order of 250 that will be here later this week.

I was little surprised to find 50+ out of them to be small primer brass.

It’s nice using a company that includes extra brass. Even after tossing one that too bulged to fit in my sizing die and six .40 S&W that were mixed in, I still had 262 good pieces in my order of 250.

Attachments

• IMG_2442.jpeg
    IMG_2442.jpeg
    476.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Dub

Very cool to get some extra payload on your brass delivery @Adam5 (y)

I had no idea that 10mm was also being made in spp. That's gonna make for more sorting....adding to the tedious aspects. I'm glad you mentioned this. Gonna have to add another step when I get into my old 10mm cases.

The upside is a gradual accumulation of some 10mm cases that burn the more available spp.

Adam5

Using the hand press to process brass makes it easier to sort out small primer brass or to sort head stamps.

I found all the Blazer, and all the Federal except one to be small primer. Everything else was large primer.

rosewood

Very cool to get some extra payload on your brass delivery @Adam5 (y)

I had no idea that 10mm was also being made in spp. That's gonna make for more sorting....adding to the tedious aspects. I'm glad you mentioned this. Gonna have to add another step when I get into my old 10mm cases.

The upside is a gradual accumulation of some 10mm cases that burn the more available spp.
I was thinking small primer 10mm brass might be ideal for use in 9x25 Dillon. Then I could use small rifle primers if I so choose.

To this day, I have never seen small primer 10mm brass.

Rosewood

deerslayer357

First box of 10MM I bought a couple years ago was federal spp. only bought a couple boxes since, but I make sure before I buy that it is lpp brass now.

rosewood

First box of 10MM I bought a couple years ago was federal spp. only bought a couple boxes since, but I make sure before I buy that it is lpp brass now.
I hadn't considered that I haven't bought factory 10mm in about 18-19 years. Been rolling my own since I bought my first press in about 04.

deerslayer357

I hadn't considered that I haven't bought factory 10mm in about 18-19 years. Been rolling my own since I bought my first press in about 04

I started reloading in 2010, but didn’t have a 10mm until the last 3-4 years and so bought factory ammo to shoot and save brass. At the time I considered that a better deal than buying new brass, and it was easy to find at the time.

rosewood

I started reloading in 2010, but didn’t have a 10mm until the last 3-4 years and so bought factory ammo to shoot and save brass. At the time I considered that a better deal than buying new brass, and it was easy to find at the time.
I tend to pick up most abandoned range brass I find and just found my first SPP 45 acp just a few months back. I have heard it has been around for awhile.

Rosewood

Dub

Looks like we are coming to the thread count limit on this thread.

I took indecent liberties and started a new one:

If this isn't kosher then mods please correct me and let me know how to proceed.

I thoroughly enjoy these discussions and updates. Sure is fun seeing what everyone has going on and what their load testing results are doing at the range.

Thanks everyone,

Greg

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Looks like we are coming to the thread count limit on this thread.

I took indecent liberties and started a new one:

If this isn't kosher then mods please correct me and let me know how to proceed.

I thoroughly enjoy these discussions and updates. Sure is fun seeing what everyone has going on and what their load testing results are doing at the range.

Thanks everyone,

Greg

Everything is copacetic

Status
Not open for further replies.