Trout are disappearing part II

Deerhunter12454

Freshwater fish are always stocked all over the country. With how much spawning habitat and the obvious over fishing in certain areas, why hasn’t the state of Florida tried stocking programs with the billions in revenue fishing brings to the state.

seachaser

I was just down in Destin for a week and only fished for trout 1 day and caught 25 in about 3 hrs all would have been legal size with the biggest close to 25 inches. All were caught on 2 baits a jerkbait and a slam shady on a 1/4 jig head. I have not fished this area in several years but they were in the same place as they used to be in and all were caught within sight of the Fort Walton bridge.

KLBTJTALLY1

You guys are funny. My simple discussion must have rubbed you Georgia boys a little raw. All that time posting pics and money spent to prove me wrong. You got me.

Congrats :rofl:

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
You guys are funny. My simple discussion must have rubbed you Georgia boys a little raw. All that time posting pics and money spent to prove me wrong. You got me.

Congrats :rofl:
And I'm glad you came back to the discussion.
I would like to personally apologize and not in a PM for any of my misunderstanding of your point.
You are not the only one who takes concern and tries to understand the history there.
I think the memberss here that go there mostly have a passion for it and understand that the fishery has been decreasing for decades.
Even though Iwas a coastal and Florida kid, I didn't have a passion profishing in the seventies and eighties that I do now. But inshore fishing on the panhandle has been my nirvana for well over twenty years.
Going there and spending money and catching fish and posting pics is something we like to do so no money spent or effort was increased on your part...
I think your OP was just something that was timely (or untimely) that we took as something to expound upon.
Good luck on the water!