St Marks Fish Stacks...

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Laid low today after 4 days of fishing. Small craft advisory right now.
Spent a large part of the day reorganizing my tackle on the boat.Took most of my trout/redfish tackle out of the boat but left a few rods in the rodbox. Loaded up on grouper/cobia gear. Gonna work on my (admittedly weak due to inexperience) long game a little bit after this blow... pinfish and Stretch25 stuff.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Laid low today after 4 days of fishing. Small craft advisory right now.
Spent a large part of the day reorganizing my tackle on the boat.Took most of my trout/redfish tackle out of the boat but left a few rods in the rodbox. Loaded up on grouper/cobia gear. Gonna work on my (admittedly weak due to inexperience) long game a little bit after this blow... pinfish and Stretch25 stuff.

Long leader (15 to 20 feet) if you're bottom fishing.

1eyefishing

Long leader (15 to 20 feet) if you're bottom fishing.
I was thinking a knocker rig wouldn't require that much leader.
Also thinking about a nose-hooked pinfish on a one and a 1/2 ounce circle jig.
Did they add another requirement yet? I have the deflator and the dehooker. Do I need a descending device too?

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I was thinking a knocker rig wouldn't require that much leader.
Also thinking about a nose-hooked pinfish on a one and a 1/2 ounce circle jig.
Did they add another requirement yet? I have the deflator and the dehooker. Do I need a descending device too?

Deflator and dehooker are required but you won't need to use them in 30' of water.
Those fish have had everything thrown at them.
I've had good luck with a 15 to 20' flouro leader tied to the main line with an Alberto, FG knot or similar so it will pass thru the guides and wind on the reel.
2 oz. egg sinker with the hole enlarged so the knot will slide thru it easily, and a 5 or 6/0 circle hook.
Hook a small pin fish behind the anal vent. This will make it swim upwards off the bottom and not hang up so much.
Drop your rig straight down and let the sinker sit on the bottom.Feed out 20 to 30' of line and wait for your rod to bend.

One last thing, in-line circle hooks required. You can't us offset circle hooks.

1eyefishing

Really windy today. Glad I left some trout rides in the boat. Versaticity (Ben R. Lee) is important.
One keeper in the boat. Got a case of the ugliest. The black drum that moves into my red fish hole. Can't find the red out of at least 5 blacks...