St Marks Fish Stacks...

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Another half day by myself today...
This has been a weird week in the marine forecast. Many days in a row of blowing in the morning harder than the afternoon.

Screenshot_20220418-213952_SailFlow.jpg Sure enough it glassed off this afternoon about the time I ran out of shrimp. The black drum were robbing me again. Caught about 6, but I don't usually keep them unless somebody else wants them.
But I found a few good trout to stack...

20220420_150613.jpg
20220420_165823.jpg

The wind was pumping when I started fishing so I wound up picking up an 8' Terramar/Penn Slammer III 5500 with 30 pound braid and a 40 pound leader meant for throwing to visible big fish like cobia. I put a one oz Berkeley fusion jig head on there and I could sling it a mile into the wind and it would hold it spot in the current. Wound up catching all those trout on that But did lose my jig in the oyster bar and after that I switched down to 20 pound leader and a 3/4 ounce DOA jig. Next time I find those big Berkeley fusion jigs, I'm going to buy them all.
Also caught a couple of short flounder that I couldn't keep and an under slot red...
After the wind laid down I had my choice of running out to the end of the channel to troll some or or head to the hill to get my yesterday's trouts out of the ice house so I could clean them this evening.
More stacks this evening and then out for more tomorrow... :bounce:

Last edited:

Kdog

Good catches! What are you using the lady for?

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I hear my home bell ringing. My tentative guest for Saturday canceled because of the weather. I pulled the boat today after fishing and I'm headed home tomorrow.
Today's catch will arrive fresh not frozen and we'll have some fish to eat for a while... Headed back here in just under two weeks.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
I hear my home bell ringing. My tentative guest for Saturday canceled because of the weather. I pulled the boat today after fishing and I'm headed home tomorrow.
Today's catch will arrive fresh not frozen and we'll have some fish to eat for a while... Headed back here in just under two weeks.
1st week of May I'll be in NC...when we get back it'll be game on! Got them flies from @Nicodemus to get wet. We'll hook up.