Did you reload anything today #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Let start a new thread here.

A fellow member brought me a can of once fired 9MM brass he didn’t need to Chehaw. I got some depriming and polishing to do.

chase870

Possum Sox
I have several cans of fired brass. I ended up with a large selection of reloading equipment several years ago liquidating an estate for an attorney I know. Many of you have followed my struggle with the 220 Swift neck bump disaster. Much of the brass will be things I will never reload, and I would be willing to give it to someone who can solve the neck bump issue I have with the 220 Swift. I am still not sure it's a gun issue as far as the tight chamber goes. I'm goanna have to break down and find someone smarter than me to solve the issue

rosewood

chase870

Possum Sox
Wednesday works Just say when. I loaded a few 220's the other day prior to the last stuck case debacle. They were kind of hard for the bolt to close on but it was possible to do just not as easy as factory ammo. I shot them today and they went bang seemed to hit what I was shooting at. I also shot some 30-06 I loaded and they defiantly had a different point of impact than the factory ammo I have zeroed the rifle with. I did not notice that with the 220 but I was shooting steel plates and not paper just mainly wanted to see if the rounds would go bang and I would live to talk about it.

Madman

2nd bucket load is finished cleaning. Folks leaving lots of 5.56 once fired on the ground at the range too.

Attachments

• 8FC7BC09-0D7A-459F-AF7E-D4C32F9B6841.jpeg
    8FC7BC09-0D7A-459F-AF7E-D4C32F9B6841.jpeg
    515 KB · Views: 27
  • 4DEF756A-7227-4E76-889D-5957582959F1.jpeg
    4DEF756A-7227-4E76-889D-5957582959F1.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 26

rosewood

Sorted maybe a few thousand 556/223 brass last night while watching TV. Sorted LC, FC, Win/WCC, R-P, a few Hornadys then a bunch of various.

When that APP gets here I will be sizing/prepping the LCs for loading. Sizing will go faster, but still gotta hold one by one on the Frankford Arsenal Case prep center to trim. That is the part I hate, but better than manually cranking the old Lyman trimmer.

Rosewood

Jester896

Senior Clown
That Dillon trimmer works great. Sometime we take it off the press to do 300BLK when we chop stuff down...works great in a single stage press too.

I have been deburring on my buddy's Lyman after he drills them on his RCBS trimmer. Makes my crooked finger hurt and click :D

BriarPatch99

I showed Jester a little quick way to trim a bunch brass in a hurry on the cheap.
Place a Lee cutter with pilot shaft in a drill press(it will go in a 1/2" chuck)...

Use the drill table as the "stop" ... hold brass with hand....as quick as you can place a case and pull Handle ...run drill fast ....

Just don't put a lot of pressure on pilot tip as it will brad...

rosewood

I showed Jester a little quick way to trim a bunch brass in a hurry on the cheap.
Place a Lee cutter with pilot shaft in a drill press(it will go in a 1/2" chuck)...

Use the drill table as the "stop" ... hold brass with hand....as quick as you can place a case and pull Handle ...run drill fast ....

Just don't put a lot of pressure on pilot tip as it will brad...
good idea. Guess you could clamp a shell holder in a vise on the press to help line it up also.

Status
Not open for further replies.