Did you shoot anything today #3

Dub

I shot another armadillo this afternoon at about 80 yards with the .17, as we were riding to get him my brother spotted a furry varmint in the garden and made a 120 yard shot on it and turned the head to pink mist with the same .17 I had just used. That rifle has definitely been the demise of alot of creatures.

Yes sir.

You wear ‘em out with that rifle. (y)

GeorgiaGlockMan

Yesterday, there was glock models 34 and 43 shot. A S.A. xd40. A kimber 1911 (super-n-cool) 45 acp with flared magwell and extended beaver tail grip, a tisa 1911 and a couple of Winchester wildcats.

Face hurts from grinning like a mule.

Son ended up saying "tryna stretch oit your advantage with a long slide" and "dang, you get to shoot alot more than me".

Lol, i been warning him for a while!!!

GeorgiaGlockMan

Yesterday, there was lots of ammo tested in glock models 34 and 43. Also shot a S.A. xd40. A kimber 1911 (super-n-cool) 45 acp with flared magwell and extended beaver tail grip, a tisa 1911 and a couple of Winchester wildcats rifles in 22lr.

Son ended up saying "tryna stretch out your advantage with a long slide glock, huh?" and "dang, you get to shoot alot more than me".

Dub

Yesterday, there was glock models 34 and 43 shot. A S.A. xd40. A kimber 1911 (super-n-cool) 45 acp with flared magwell and extended beaver tail grip, a tisa 1911 and a couple of Winchester wildcats.

Son ended up saying "tryna stretch oit your advantage with a long slide" and "dang, you get to shoot alot more than me".

Excellent outing !!!!!

SC Hunter

Yes sir.

You wear ‘em out with that rifle. (y)
I need to get a suppressor for that rifle and have it threaded. It has definitely done some work for me, I probably need to clean it.

Reactions: Dub

deerslayer357

Shot the 300 WM xbolt today-
3 rounds at 400 yards. Not great but not terrible. I didn’t measure it exactly but I am figuring around 5-5 1/2”.

Attachments

• IMG_2971.jpeg
    IMG_2971.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 10

frankwright

I shot my 19X in the indoor Glock Match. This month was 10 rounds each in 15 seconds. 3 and 5 yards were support hand. 7, 10 and 15 yards were strong hand.
I was perfect until 15 yards and I let a few shots go wild. I ended up 488/500.
I need a higher front sight as I have to compensate or it shoots a couple of inches high.
I ordered a new set from Dawson Precision.

Dub

Shot the 300 WM xbolt today-
3 rounds at 400 yards. Not great but not terrible. I didn’t measure it exactly but I am figuring around 5-5 1/2”.

I've hunted with a couple hombres who claim to have killed deer at 400yds....I'm betting neither of 'em have ever practiced at further than 200yds.....and that was seated at a nice sturdy bench. :rofl:

You, however, are putting in the work and learning the exact results at distances.

Image 132.jpeg

Shot these last Sunday. My buddy done got the reloading bug bad. I figured I would drag a few of my handguns out. Never could turn down burning free ammo.

Colts, Rugers and Baers.....OH MY !!!!!!! :rockon: :banana::fine::shoot:

Yes sir, I like how you roll.

I shot my 19X in the indoor Glock Match. This month was 10 rounds each in 15 seconds. 3 and 5 yards were support hand. 7, 10 and 15 yards were strong hand.
I was perfect until 15 yards and I let a few shots go wild. I ended up 488/500.
I need a higher front sight as I have to compensate or it shoots a couple of inches high.
I ordered a new set from Dawson Precision.

I can almost see it unfolding.....you laid the smackdown on the support hand shooting....transitioned over to normal and then were hitting with confidence.....then the dreaded 15yd strong hand-only target remained.... :oops:
I know I would have made a horrid mess of that one....as well as the 10yd strong hand only. :banginghe

Well done. (y)

Dawson's sight calculator is mighty useful.
Their sights are great.

Stroker

After 65 years of shooting all kinds of firearms I had a first today. Good friend brought over his tricked out SBR in .223 equipped with a binary trigger. Ran three mags through it then rain put a stop to all the fun. All I can say is I gotta have one.

SC Hunter

After 65 years of shooting all kinds of firearms I had a first today. Good friend brought over his tricked out SBR in .223 equipped with a binary trigger. Ran three mags through it then rain put a stop to all the fun. All I can say is I gotta have one.
Their fun for sure!!

GeorgiaGlockMan

Shot maybe 50 rounds of 38spl through a uberti 1873 clone with bird head grip, about 50 rounds through glock model 34 and another 50 through a glock 17.

Maybe 50 rounds of 22lr through a Winchester Wildcat AND best of all.....
Beat son on dualing tree again with our day's carry gun. He shot a glock 43 and I shot a m&p shield plus!!!

Woooooo! Shoot at will he says..

It was over real quick.

Attachments

• 20240521_154126.jpg
    20240521_154126.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 2

deerslayer357

I shot 50 rounds through a Springfield TRP 1911 in 45 acp and a Ruger 1911.

Best of all, I shot my new Tikka T3X in 300 win mag and got it zeroed at 100 yards.
2 3 shot groups at 50 yards with some adjustments made. Then a 3 shot group at 100 yards, made adjustments, then shot a second three shot group below.

I am starting to understand why people like their Tikka’s. The load was the same load I worked up in my Browning with 168 TSX’s over Reloader 17. My TTSX load is too long for the magazine on the Tikka.

Attachments

• IMG_2980.jpeg
    IMG_2980.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 6

deast1988

I got my .300wsm squared away, 150gr TTSX

Buddy got his .300win mag squared away

We shot his .28 nosler and a 7RUM,

My lil 7/08 is close but not perfect so another day project