DNR Black Bear Mgmt Plan - Public Meetings

Hookedonhunting

All I'm saying is that if someone killed a tiny little bear and pictures got out it could be used against us very easily. The 75lb limit doesn't really exclude many bears but it sounds like a reasonable limit to most folks. I've only seen one bear on it's own that was for sure less than 75 and I've seen my fair share of bears.
I second this. I shot a 140# cinnamon phase bear in Colorado this past season. I've had quite a lot of people fuss at me about killing a cuddly little baby bear.......... At which point I have to make myself not roll my eyes and nicely explain why it's legal and all that good stuff. People see baby BooBoo on social media or in the back of a truck and they will loose their crap. I wish it was legal to bait them so we as sportsmen could effectively harvest the big ones. I want a GA black bear really badly. Just have never put in the time to get up in the hills. But since you folks say they need to be hunted and the numbers/chances of harvest are fairly high I will assure you I will be after one soon! I'm not looking for your special spots but if you guys feel like pointing me towards a trophy bear, me and a buddy will gladly come get em!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Just joined the conversation and I see a bunch of folks asking for a spring season after turkey ends. We could simply change the hog yote season, which is exactly when y’all suggested,to a bear season. Hogs and yotes are incidental take anywho........just make electronic calls legal.
I need to get up there and do some predator hunting too!