Doe Days all season except 13 mountain counties

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
People always claim they don't see deer either. But yet, never spend time in the woods..:huh::huh:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Those markings on the legs are like fingerprints and let you know if you`re seeing the same cats or different ones.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I don't trap.

I have hunted predators but not very good at it

Some constructive criticism for you. Get off Google, shut down the computer, apply some bug dope, put on your snake boots, and get in the woods for a spell. A goodly spell. Make a regular habit of it and observe, listen, take notes and remember how each bird, reptile, and critter you see and-or hear acts and interacts with its own kind and others. Become one with Nature. With practice you can do this. And you will learn more from this than Google can ever teach you.

It`s not important whether you believe what I`m saying or not. Get out and try it. See for yourself. It might even turn you into a woodsman. And if it does you will be a better hunter and person for it.

furtaker

I hunt coyotes and try to shoot them when I see them deer hunting.

How about you?
I hunt and trap coyotes. If I see one deer hunting, occasionally I'll shoot it but they usually get a pass.

The difference between me and you is the fact that you won't see me complaining much about predators.

Regardless of what Google says, are you aware that life on earth wouldn't exist without predators?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
You mean you complain about predators on here all the time but don't do anything about it?
I trap. I shoot akso. NV.
I also got a pair on my property I don’t mess with unless they need with me. They got plenty wild stuff to chase. I figured them 2 eat bunches of rat.

Robust Redhorse

The mountain counties are getting a raw deal!

There are too many deer outside the CNF in the mountain counties, but hardly any in the NF because the USFS probably hasn't hired a forester in at least 3 decades and they don't know how to manage forests.

Making Thanksgiving week doe days, is terrible for serious hunters trying to get a trophy, because that's usually the peak of our rut.

I wish DNR would just make the last few days of the season, or the week between Christmas and New Year's Day either-sex.

Thanksgiving week is the worst possible time for either sex days.

Killing does when they are most likely to be bred, when you want to create more deer....

Genius!

That's probably why we have so many "junky bucks". The big boys have learned to be nocturnal, the fork horns don't care.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Maybe they are thinking about all the family’s out for the thanksgiving weekend hunting. To give success while folks are out enjoying the holiday. And have a chance at a deer.
How dare they ruin the rut for the trophy hunter.
Thanksgiving and hunting go hand in hand.
BTW the big buck is not nocturnal. He is educated! I can’t kill them big bucks either. But get daytime pics when I’m not there. He knows something.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy

There are too many deer outside the CNF in the mountain counties, but hardly any in the NF because the USFS probably hasn't hired a forester in at least 3 decades and they don't know how to manage forests.

Making Thanksgiving week doe days, is terrible for serious hunters trying to get a trophy, because that's usually the peak of our rut.

I wish DNR would just make the last few days of the season, or the week between Christmas and New Year's Day either-sex.

Killing does when they are most likely to be bred, when you want to create more deer....

Genius!

That's probably why we have so many "junky bucks". The big boys have learned to be nocturnal, the fork horns don't care.
does it make a difference when a doe is killed?

whether you shoot one before she is bred, while she is being bred or a month after she is bred, she still isn't going to birth a fawn

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist

Genius!

So we shouldn't kill does in late November because they might be bred and that's detrimental to creating more deer, but then you want the doe days at the end of the season? Won't they still be pregnant in December?

It's been rehashed countless times here, but there is no biological difference to killing a doe before or after she gets bred. When you kill them makes zero difference to the population, it's the number of does that are killed that affects the population.