Does your shooting restraint change with the weapon season thats in?

the HEED!

Banned
I know alot of us on here hunt bow only, but alot of us pick the ol thunderstick up when the time comes. Do you take a smaller big 6 pointer or nice basket 8 in bow season due to the reduced range of bow and arrow or do you shoot one size and up only? I know some of us get that big boy in close but Ive always gotten smaller bucks in close in archery season and it seems the bigguns stay just outside of the arrows capability, Ill shoot out to 40 yards and thats it. Ive always heard hes small but big he'll make a good bow buck or hes a shooter for bow season, just wondering?

Last edited:

SADDADDY

Nope

no if it is a shooter, or what is legal by state law then :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

every deer is a trophy to me :flag:

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
I am not choosey at all with my bow I still get tore up over a 50# doe With firearms Im very choosey. Although even with my bow I wont shoot a spike ,4 point anything else is going down.

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
I'm pretty much with what Branch said..... :crazy: .......I think? ::ke: Yeah I'll change my standards a touch from bow season to gun season. Of course, I won't take a chance on a long range nice one during bow season, that I may see again during regular season.

HHH

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
nope stays the same with me all year whether it be sling shot or rifle or bow.

Jim

raghorn

Nope, I shoot whatever is legal or acceptable on the area I am hunting. I take pleasure from the hunt and don't measure enjoyment in inches of antler.:cheers:

gabuckeye

Yes my hunting standards do change. With a bow I will shoot any buck that has a bigger rack than I have taken before. I will do this until I have taken a buck with my bow that I consider large enough to mount. I have only taken a few bucks by bow but I usually take at least one deer a year by bow. With a gun I don't even raise it on a buck unless he is big enough to mount.

Handgunner

With a rifle I tend to be pretty selective about the bucks I take. With my handgun, it's all fair game.

Does, it doesn't matter, they're going down no matter what I'm toting.