Dog safe Broadleaf killer

snookdoctor

I have a yard full of broadleaf weeds and white clover, and two dogs that graze like cows.
Is there a spray that will kill the weeds and not the dogs?

earlthegoat2

Follow the label and they should be fine using most conventional broadleaf selective post-emergent herbicides.

Ie: Trimec or Celsius

It also highly recommended to allow drying of the product after application before allowing exposure to pets or children.

tcward

None that I know of. I would spray, let it dry then go through a dew or rain before letting your dogs on it.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Conclusion: there isn't one.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Won’t work
They had dish soap and maybe something else in the mix, have you tried it (the correct mix0 whatever it is?? I admit I haven't

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

DAWG1419

They had dish soap and maybe something else in the mix, have you tried it (the correct mix0 whatever it is?? I admit I haven't
No. I own a spray company and use msm or 3 way. Haven’t had any issues with any of our customers pets in 24 yrs. Dish soap is a surfactant btw. If you follow the label everything will work as intended. More isn’t better. It won’t kill any quicker.

menhadenman

It doesn't work in the real world. At work, I've experimented with every kind of eco-friendly weedkiller you can think of. Conclusion: None of them work.
Of course, if you put enough salt down, it will kill the weeds, and also the grass, and sterilize the soil so that nothing will grow there for years.
Crossbow still your go-to for broadleaf?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Crossbow still your go-to for broadleaf?
Depends on where and what. Crossbow or Garlon 3 for woody brush, poison ivy, and such. Trimec or something along those lines is usually suited better for broadleaf control in lawns.