2,4-D help

doomtrpr_z71

That is very thin

As cheap as 24d is I don't understand why someone would use that weak of a rate

Hi yield 24d is extremely expensive for something that watered down

blakely

I'd have to check when I get home. I'm in Panama City til Monday. I got it from Nutrien Ag Solutions. They're a supplier for our local farmers. The percentage on it is between 40 and 50%. I don't remember the exact number but a couple of hours after application on a hot day, the weeds will have started wilting.

doomtrpr_z71

What do you recommend for product and mix?
Any real 24d amine, they are all generic and the vast majority of the technical material all comes from one place anyway.

You want 3.8lb/gallon active ingredient which should be any 2.5 gallon jug of amine 24d. The ester formulation is more volatile and more expensive but they are more active in the plant if you are just trying to kill brush in the woods away from your yard.

3.2 oz per gallon for yard weeds unless it's something tough then bump it to 6.4oz per gallon.

menhadenman

Any real 24d amine, they are all generic and the vast majority of the technical material all comes from one place anyway.

You want 3.8lb/gallon active ingredient which should be any 2.5 gallon jug of amine 24d. The ester formulation is more volatile and more expensive but they are more active in the plant if you are just trying to kill brush in the woods away from your yard.

3.2 oz per gallon for yard weeds unless it's something tough then bump it to 6.4oz per gallon.
Thanks!

menhadenman

That is very thin

As cheap as 24d is I don't understand why someone would use that weak of a rate

Hi yield 24d is extremely expensive for something that watered down
@doomtrpr_z71 I see what you mean with watered down Hi Yield.

I’ve got one that’s 12% and another that’s 47%. I used the 47% at about 4.2 oz/gallon and it’s looking much better… but still not as deadly as whatever commercial stuff I used to get. I need to take better notes.

Curious if that 47% is what you’re calling full strength or if that’s even watered down.

Thanks for the tips - obvious you know your stuff. That Japanese clover is taking over my back yard.

DAA5D0DD-E5EE-40F7-A4FE-A77D1680CB7E.jpegDF2466B5-64E2-46EA-AF93-5D2DA42C9D7B.jpeg

doomtrpr_z71

Yes, the amine product you have is the standard 24d amine product, an ester formulation like lv6 would be more concentrated and more efficacious but you can't spray it in warm weather without it volatilizing.

menhadenman

Yes, the amine product you have is the standard 24d amine product, an ester formulation like lv6 would be more concentrated and more efficacious but you can't spray it in warm weather without it volatilizing.
That time of year again... going to try your suggestion of 6.4 oz/gal with the Amine stuff above on the Japanese Clover. Stuff is heinous.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member