Don Mathis

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I have one of your Grandpa’s business cards. I met him at a Buckarama show way back. I was impressed with his work. I saved the card so I could find him. I ended up meeting a guy named Woody Coffee who did my next few mounts.
Message me your address and I’ll send you the card. A99F1AC9-EB2A-4401-BE86-68A9D14FD8A2.jpeg

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
This is the stuff that’s kept me at the GON camp fIre all these years.

patsam

Georgia he had a shop in Jonesboro. He won all kinds of awards nationally for his work. And his deers on the cover of a taxidermist manual.
Mr. Mathis did a couple of my my deer in the early 80's and to date they are 2 of the best mounts I ever had done. He was a great guy and did excellent work as noted by April! If you would like to have the one he did in 1985, you are welcome to it. I know your feelings. There no tags, or id saying he did it.

Mr. Mathis did a couple of my my deer in the early 80's and to date they are 2 of the best mounts I ever had done. He was a great guy and did excellent work as noted by April! If you would like to have the one he did in 1985, you are welcome to it. I know your feelings. There no tags, or id saying he did it.
Yes yes and yes, Please. You don't know how much this means to me I'm so excited. I have come across a few deer but no one would sell them. Your myknight. Can't believe this journey is almost to it's end. I'll pm you.

I have one of your Grandpa’s business cards. I met him at a Buckarama show way back. I was impressed with his work. I saved the card so I could find him. I ended up meeting a guy named Woody Coffee who did my next few mounts.
Message me your address and I’ll send you the card. View attachment 1027272
Yes I would love to have it. Actually another person on here is sending me one. But this way I'll be able to give my sister one, along with an article I found. Now I won't feel bad for having one. Lol. I'll message you my address thank you.

For the folks who have one of his mounts but may not want to part with it, take a picture of it and send it to this young lady. A picture is worth a thousand words as they say.
Thank you I didn't even think about that. I am making a scrap book of stories people told me and any articles and such I find. Great idea. ❤️

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
For the folks who have one of his mounts but may not want to part with it, take a picture of it and send it to this young lady. A picture is worth a thousand words as they say.

Thank you I didn't even think about that. I am making a scrap book of stories people told me and any articles and such I find. Great idea. ❤️

I sent a PM a few days ago, got a positive reply, the gentlemen’s pretty busy. Hopefully the pics will show eventually.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Yes I would love to have it. Actually another person on here is sending me one. But this way I'll be able to give my sister one, along with an article I found. Now I won't feel bad for having one. Lol. I'll message you my address thank you.

Mailed the business card from Watkinsville today.

I sent a PM a few days ago, got a positive reply, the gentlemen’s pretty busy. Hopefully the pics will show eventually.
Thank you. I have by far had the most kindest responses on here vs other places. I could not have made it this far in my journey without all the folks on here.

NWS

April,
One source of information would be the well-known outdoor writer Duncan Dobie. I do not have Duncan‘s address but as far as I know he works or has worked for the magazine “North American Whitetail Magazine”. I know he used to live in Marietta area. He was a long time admirer of your grandfather’s taxidermy and he knew Don Mathis throughout Don’s career. I do not have Duncan‘s contact information but perhaps someone on this site does. I just want to pass this on to you. Sincerely and good luck.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Best of luck. I hope you will post here and let us know what happens.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I have one and am going to bring it down her way. It is a great mount for me. Life is short and memories will last. Getting older and would love her to have it. i will be in touch with her tomorrow.
Mighty kind !