Dude put on a grillin' clinic yesterday....

Dub

It's good to know I'm only a short distance to great bbq.

10 miles exactly from my driveway to some of the best grilled eats I've had in ages. A buddy had five of us over his new place yesterday for some serious chilling & grilling.

Super fun time.

I wanted to post from my iPhone as things were developing, but every time I'd log in here this screen would pop up after a few seconds. It was mighty aggravating.

He brought this over from his old house and it stands proudly in his new backyard. :cool:

It was an all Weber day of grilling, too. He'd fired up these two at 7:00am. He's been so pleased with these WSM & DigiQDX2 BBQ Guru controllers that I was convinced to do the same. I've really enjoyed mine and am always amazed at how easy it runs...and runs steady.

He had his both running vastly different temps at times....and there was a lot going on watching him work between the Webers.

Wings & sausage were first up on his 4-burner Genesis. This monster rocks a hyooge grilling surface and it really works well. He's got a cast iron griddle that he drops in there for breakfast, sliders and such. :cool:

Smoke Stack rub was super on the wings.

It was fairly cool and airish....so the gasser was used to keep stuff warm in between our grazing runs.

After cooking, he broke out this water filled brush and ran the temp up and scrubbed grates clean with minimal effort. I'll have to find out more about that brush.

Last edited:

Dub

After we supplemented our suds with wings & grilled sausage a while....we moved over to peek at the Weber Smokey Mountains that were really smelling great.

One of them was loaded with country style ribs, baby back ribs and four pork bellies.

The other WSM had a brisket....then after more careful inspection....I see it actually had a pair of packers in there !!! :cool:

Last edited:

Dub

He'd injected the packers with this stuff......

I know I've generally been against the practice of injecting my brisket or butts.....but my boy, JC, has opened my eyes. His point was, "Dude, you inject your whole yardbirds sometimes....and you inject your full pork shoulders......why not extend that to butts & briskets?". I had no answer other than to keep raving over the flavors he put on the table for us. We were five strong.....who ate and drank like two dozen, lol.

These were the two rubs he used on the brisket. I think one was a base and the other a kicker rub. He added a third rub on his burnt end pan.

JC runs some competition cooks and has done well in them, too. I see why.

His new house is really nice....he showed me one of his most proud spots in the place........

Last edited:

Dub

looks like a good time.

funny, that amazon popup is on 2 other forums i'm on also.

It was a fun day.

I can't believe all the food he kept conjuring up. Each of us had our coolers loaded down with beer when we arrived....and went home with them loaded with leftovers afterwards. :cool:

Dub

Nice set up. That Is a gitter dun moment for sure.

I have to do some pork bellies soon.

PF

I thought I knew how to do pork bellies....after all, I'd been using his suggested rub & temps (Malcom Reed / Killer Hogs).

I learned some crucial steps I'd not been doing.

An electric sword was used to thinly slice off layers of fat (he saves this for cast iron cooking).

Once the larger layers of fat were removed....he sliced the remaining belly into nice sized chunks and dropped it in a pan that had some warm sauce in it.

The sauce was a mix of two different Blues Hog sauces cut with pineapple juice.

Best use of this pocket knife to date. :rofl:

I think I ate a dozen of these....we all agreed they were the show stealer.....and just prior we agreed the country style ribs had been the best thing.....it just kept getting better all day long.

The country style ribs were the best I've ever had.

Sweet Baby Rays with some rub blended in was brushed on in layers several times before we jumped on them.

Dub

We feasted mighty on wings, sausage, country style ribs and pork bellies......chased everything down with suds for a few hours and then it was time for the next course.......

Baby back ribs.....

Brisket......

Same crowd that I have sessions with when we head out to another guy's house to shoot guns on his backyard farm's range and grill on his 34 year old Weber kettle.

Fun times. Next level eating.

Last edited:

Dub

Game over dude!

He just kept on batting one home run after another....all day long.

He really enjoys grilling and we all enjoyed chowing down.

The weather was great, too. Really nice & cool outside.

Dub

All looks mighty good, I bet that whole neighborhood was licking their lips with all that in the air. :cheers:

There was a crew of guys cutting down trees downwind of our spot. I know they were smelling it. Guy in the bucket lift waved at us at one point. Poor fellas....probably hated seeing us tossing back suds and being carnivores. :rofl:

Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Holy Wah! That guy is deadly serious about BBQ. What a feast!

The BBQ Guru is the bomb. It takes all the guess work out of it. I don't cook without it.:cool:

MOTS

Good Gracious! That guy has it going on! Guess I've never seen pork belly in this area, but have seen sliced belly meat that looks like uncured bacon. That's a serious gasser there, mines a new freebie that is worth about 99.00. Older neighbor here wanted a deer, so I got him a heavy 7, he insisted I get one of the grills, he's one of those auction going type guys that must have bought several. It's just a 2 burner Chargriller. That all looks fantastic!

naildrvr

Man he slap blew the doors down. That guy is a grillin' machine. Some of the best looking eats I've ever seen. I know it had to be tasty. I gotta get me 1 of them hawg bellies.

Dub

Holy Wah! That guy is deadly serious about BBQ. What a feast!

The BBQ Guru is the bomb. It takes all the guess work out of it. I don't cook without it.:cool:

He really is.

Next time I'm gonna beg him to cook some cupcake shicken.

He's been to a couple of Myron's classes and he's tweaked the method to his liking....and won with it.

I gotta try them !!!!

Agreement on the DigiQ. I have enjoyed it on my own WSM....haven't bought the adapter yet to run it on my Big Joe. It truly does run steady and effortless.

Good Gracious! That guy has it going on! Guess I've never seen pork belly in this area, but have seen sliced belly meat that looks like uncured bacon. That's a serious gasser there, mines a new freebie that is worth about 99.00. Older neighbor here wanted a deer, so I got him a heavy 7, he insisted I get one of the grills, he's one of those auction going type guys that must have bought several. It's just a 2 burner Chargriller. That all looks fantastic!

Great swap on a gasser !

He gets his pork belly hunks from Food Lion. They are smallish and perfect for a small family. I'm gonna rock some next day off I get.

Man he slap blew the doors down. That guy is a grillin' machine. Some of the best looking eats I've ever seen. I know it had to be tasty. I gotta get me 1 of them hawg bellies.

He really and truly is.

Grilling is his passion. You can tell from the moment you show up. He has a gift for getting it done right.

He has always given me pointers along the way and has coached me well. Muchas gracias, El Seńor !!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I'm looking forward to the day when he opens up his own restaurant. :flag:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
He really is.

Next time I'm gonna beg him to cook some cupcake shicken.

He's been to a couple of Myron's classes and he's tweaked the method to his liking....and won with it.

I gotta try them !!!!

Pics and recipe required when it happens. That's the one of Myron's recipes I haven't tried yet but I know it's a winner.

I'm going to order the BBQ Guru adapter for the Akorn and make it the perfect small batch BBQ'n machine. I don't fire up my Stump's anymore unless I'm going to cook a Land 'O Goshen supply of Q.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's some fine looking food!

Dub

Pics and recipe required when it happens. That's the one of Myron's recipes I haven't tried yet but I know it's a winner.

I'm going to order the BBQ Guru adapter for the Akorn and make it the perfect small batch BBQ'n machine. I don't fire up my Stump's anymore unless I'm going to cook a Land 'O Goshen supply of Q.

Understood.

I tend to match the grill to the bounty these days, too.

I'll gladly fill you in on the cupcake shicken when it occurs.

I've already made my request for "next time cooks" and it was the top of the list. :cool:

That's some fine looking food!

Thanks, man.

I was in the presence of greatness yessaday. Dude was on fire and moving between preps like it was second nature. All we could do was crack open another can 'o suds and watch the flavors unfold. :cool: