Duke 1 3/4 Coil Spring Trap

Koltan

Kinda what I was getting at. They will definitely hold a coyote, but stock trap isn’t going to make it long without mods or at the least having to work on it after nearly every catch. For what I have in Mods, I can buy a better trap.
I totally agree, I bought 6, 1.75’s for 8$ a piece. They have been great for the money. But I would definitely spend a few more dollars and not have to worry with modifications

Heath

I totally agree, I bought 6, 1.75’s for 8$ a piece. They have been great for the money. But I would definitely spend a few more dollars and not have to worry with modifications

Ain’t that the truth! They are fun to work on to an extent, but after awhile when you add up time and material it just didn’t make any sense to keep buying them even though they are much cheaper. You can put $4 more dollars in them and who knows how many hours and they are about bomb proof now and they will catch and hold as good as any trap I’ve got. However, when I reach for a box of traps it’s the ones labeled 550 or Extreme JR! My Duke 1 3/4’s are designated for high theft areas and secondary traps at sets where I want to hide a blind one for educated critters!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder how the fur trade era ever happened without MB brand traps? Seems impossible to catch a critter in anything else. :bounce: ::ke:

I wonder how the fur trade era ever happened without MB brand traps? Seems impossible to catch a critter in anything else. :bounce:::ke:
Call me a little old fashioned but, my old Victor and Blake & Lamb longsprings have worked just fine since I started using them in the 60’s.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Call me a little old fashioned but, my old Victor and Blake & Lamb longsprings have worked just fine since I started using them in the 60’s.
Yeah, I trapped thousands of critters with those back in the day, along with some Northwoods coilsprings.