English Cockers

TurkeyH90

Anyone on here with hunting an English Cocker? I am most likely getting another retriever and it appears it will be a Cocker.

earlthegoat2

I had one growing up. She was a good pheasant and grouse dog and would even track and retrieve rabbits.

Unfortunately she had Chiari malformation that eventually caused her not to be able to hunt anymore.

2dye4

Here is mine. His name is Shooter and he is a hunting machine. I started working with him with a small ball at 8 weeks and he’s 2 yrs 4 months now. He is absolutely the best family dogs/ retriever that I’ve ever owned. Smart as a whip and funny too.

Attachments

• IMG_1155.jpeg
    IMG_1155.jpeg
    437.4 KB · Views: 14

Wire Nut

2527F5B1-305D-4879-9125-5382894B15B7.jpeg
Retrieving machine. I’ve had a lot of Labs. I have one now with a started title and had one that was a master hunter. I’ll take the English Cocker everyday. Her name is Charlee, she’s my shadow

SLY22

Useles Member !
Not a Cocker, but I have a Boykin Spaniel that is a great flushing / retriver and a very good "inside dog" . He is still in tact and not agressive toward people or other dogs. I hear great things about hunting Cockers, good luck!

canine933

Here is mine. His name is Shooter and he is a hunting machine. I started working with him with a small ball at 8 weeks and he’s 2 yrs 4 months now. He is absolutely the best family dogs/ retriever that I’ve ever owned. Smart as a whip and funny too.
I make special trips to go see shooter not the owner. That’s how good this dog is

buckpasser

My Boykins have an uncanny ability to “flip the switch” when riding or indoors. He chills out better than any lab or other breed we’ve had. They have lots of upsides, however, my male Boykin is aggressive towards strangers and other dogs. I know of a few others like him, so it may not be a fluke.

SLY22

Useles Member !
Would love a Boykin or a shooting Cocker. How do they do on car trips and traveling?
Mine is great in the house or my truck. He goes to work (office setting) with me every day.
He comes from a great hunting / titled blood line. I got Woody from Blaine at Hudson River Retrievers. If you are serios about a Boykin contact him, I found him to be a great resource.