F250 Death Wobble

cowhornedspike

If it happens again just turn the key back slowly toward the crank position until it clicks into the on position.

GeorgiaGlockMan

I would think it was the steering stabilizer.

At least that's what it was when my jeep got it.

My 2015 f250 is stock for the most part. No wobble in her.

Saw this thread pop up and thought I'd update.

This spring my front stabilizer went out....gotta full death wobble 2x at 65 mph....not fun.

I ordered and installed a new stabilizer on there the next weekend.

Problem fixed.

Would have been a much easier job if I could have found my pickle fork. My wife was calling it a weed puller a few years ago and I musta hid it from myself.

cowhornedspike

How do you clear the wrench symbol in the dash, it didn't go away and stayed on.

Pretty sure it will go away after a few good starts. If not then have it cleared with a scan tool. Any auto parts store can do that for you.

They need to clear out all those codes anyway and then if it comes back on later you may have another unrelated issue that needs to be looked at.

benellisbe

You can disconnect the batteries for 20-30 minutes and it should clear the codes as well.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
The auto zone, o'rieley, advance auto obd scanners will clear the codes for you. They just have to tell you they won't ?

snooker1

Pretty sure it will go away after a few good starts. If not then have it cleared with a scan tool. Any auto parts store can do that for you.

They need to clear out all those codes anyway and then if it comes back on later you may have another unrelated issue that needs to be looked at.
You can disconnect the batteries for 20-30 minutes and it should clear the codes as well.
The auto zone, o'rieley, advance auto obd scanners will clear the codes for you. They just have to tell you they won't ?

It's more than that, the service tech told me today that even when the get the code cleared as soon as the start the truck it's continuing to do the same thing.

jrickman

My 2000 F250 will throw the light and some sort of diagnostic code for about 25-30 miles after I do a hard reset by discharging the capacitors with a resistor. It goes away after a certain number of drive cycles. P1000 I think.

snooker1

My 2000 F250 will throw the light and some sort of diagnostic code for about 25-30 miles after I do a hard reset by discharging the capacitors with a resistor. It goes away after a certain number of drive cycles. P1000 I think.

Have you had any battery issues with your truck? I got mine new in Sept 2019 and I am on my 3rd set.

snooker1

They were unable to pin-point exactly what the problem was, but they did replace the control module. We'll see what happens now.