Family geneology

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
For those that want to go down this rabbit hole, other than Ancestry.com, church records, property records, and family bibles, Find a grave.com is another good source of information or as a second resource to back up and confirm info you already have as most of the stuff there is added by family members. And if there is a obit. it'll tell you some of their close (living) relatives you might not find anywhere else.

Last edited:

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
For those that want to go down this rabbit hole, other than Ancestry.com, church records, property records, and family bibles, Find a grave.com is another good source of information or as a second resource to back up and confirm info you already have as most of the stuff there is added by family members. And if there is a obit. it'll tell you some of their close (living) relatives you might not find anywhere else.
I've used that site and it helped alot.

Dub

I read where some unscrupulous testers were showing less than 1% sub Saharan African to southern customers results just to mess with them.
I'm against my DNA getting into any registry.
But if a close relative does it for themselves you are in by default.

For some reason....I wasn't too keen on having my own done...not a fan of throwing myself into another database.

You, however, make an excellent point in that if close relatives have done so...you've been drug into the mess, too.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I figure if “they” want a dna database they’ll simply get it through your medical tests like bloodwork etc by way of back door compilations.